Kaatskill Club Resort - Hunter Mountain Kaatskill Club - FILTHY with BUGS
Our family usually have our annual ski trip at Vermont. We decided to go to Kaatskill Mountain Resort since I just gave birth not long ago to avoid the long drive from New York City to Vermont. Upon arriving to the resort, we discovered they have lied about "ski in" and "ski out" which they said our cabin has but we are nowhere near the slopes.
We then discovered unusual amount of bed bugs and ants crawling onto places and onto the bed where my baby was and I flipped!
I have stayed in a lot of resort but NEVER saw the amount of ants that were round and about! We called the management on/about 7:30pm and NO ONE can do anything! Someone from maintenance finally showed up at 9:30pm to check the cabin to make sure we were right about the ants??!! Apparently they were fully booked that weekend at the main lounge because of a huge snowstorm and there are no rooms for us through the weekend if we decide to stay. The night manager offered us to stay at the main lounge for one night but we had to go back to the cabin the next night? I really do not think anybody in their right mind will go back to the cabin even if they have fumigated the place. Being we are already late into the night, too late and too tire to drive home, we decided to stay the night as it was already 11:30pm when we are at the main lounge.
My husband have asked about the main lounge rooms charges but they told us they will take care of it when we checked out. When we are checking out the next day - the rooms charges were MORE than the original price for the cabin?? They told us that they had to give us the enough rooms to accommodate the amount of people we have and they ARE more expensive than the cabin, even though they gave us free breakfast, they DID NOT give us any discount whatsoever for the inconveniences that we had to endured for the ordeal of moving my whole family from the cabin to the main lounge with loading and unloading into cars. Not to mention the disturbances which it caused my baby for her to sleep on timely manner which caused much havocs the whole night.
Our nephews were eagered to go to slopes but we had to check out by 12pm. They then offered us the lounge to stay for the next day for our comfort....but it was smaller than the size of my lounge that I used to have in my college days and not to mention that there were few people that we had to share EVERYTHING. The claimed it was the best they can do. We decided to leave the same night
At this point - we are still disputing our charges and they do not have any remorse or apology from them for the ruined vacation. They are the worst run management that I have dealt with in my whole life and believe me, I travelled several times a year for work from 1 star hotel to 6 stars hotel and have NEVER encounter this kind of unapologetic attitude from any management. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE –
HUTNER MTN IS LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF ***
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Kaatskill Club Resort
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "This place is nasty just nasty it had mold on the wall dead bugs on the floor blood on the wall the main door was just dirty nasty the tube..."
- "This is a call to all of the unsuspecting consumers who fell victim to the largest timeshare scam in Mexico. Personally Vida Vacations got me for $54,000, I know there..."
- "I never took care of my teeth and that is no one else's fault but my own. I went to Aspen for an evaluation and they confirmed I had gum..."
- "KResh weatherization and it's owner Ryan, came to our home to do work. He never finished the work. He damaged our driveway, carpeting and worse of all one of his..."
- "The upper is a partial with the front 4 teeth, the remaining uppers are natural. The lower had all teeth extracted except for eye teeth which lower slips over and..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."