2.4
Style and Design

In March 2016 I bought swiss watch Tissot PRC 200 with 2-year warranty by mail order from Jomashop. When I got my watch, I did not find the warranty card from Tissot.

I then called Jomashop and I was told that the watch is still covered by 2-year warranty, but by Jomashop only and not by Tissot authorized shop. The first problem occurred in May 2017, about 14 months after I purchased the watch – it stopped. I sent the watch to Jomashop and almost 2 months later I got it back and working. 2 months later my Tissot stopped again.

I sent it in September for second repair. After receiving the watch, it worked for 2 days and stopped again. Here is the problem with my Tissot. The watch is a high pressure water resistant (up to 200m depth), and I have to unscrew the crown first and then pull it out to set the correct time.

When I push the crown back, the watch starts to work. But it only works 10-15 minutes and then stops again. I have to unscrew crown again, pull out, set, push in and screw back. Again it works but only a few minutes and stops.

I sent my Tissot 4 times to Jomashop to repair the SAME problem. Here is the list of 4 service order numbers by Jomashop, dates and status after repairs: 1. Service #338188: 05/30/17 Jomashop received it and 07/10/17 sent back to me repaired. Watch worked for 2 months and stopped.

2. Service #354639: 09/07/17 Jomashop received it and 10/23/17 sent back to me repaired. Watch worked for 3 days and stopped. 3.

Service #362019: 11/02/17 Jomashop received it and 11/28/17 sent back to me repaired. Watch worked for 2 days and stopped. 4. Service #368259: 12/04/17 Jomashop received it and 12/12/17 sent back to me unrepaired.

Watch was still under the warranty, but was not repaired. The enclosed letter said the watch would not be repaired by Jomashop, because they see some scratches on the body of the watch. Now I took the watch to the local jewelry/watch shop in my town.

They opened the watch and told me that the stem Jomashop was replacing several times is not a good stem at all. They installed a new stem, I paid $80 and my watch is working very good now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jomashop Watch Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Jomashop Pros: Price for item.

Jomashop Cons: No official warranty card came with watch.

Comments