1.9
Style and Design

On August 3, 2017, I ordered an Invicta watch from Jomashop, The model number is 22435.The watch arrived yesterday (8-7). I tried it on as soon as I opened the package.The watch is large and heavy, so I wanted to be sure it was comfortable.

It was. I had the watch on my wrist for less than 30 seconds. I put it back into the box and put the box onto my dresser. Today, when I put the watch on to wear to a meeting, the "clip" that holds the end of the band (retainer?) was missing, It obviously broke off.

I wasn't happy. But I'd activated the jomashop warranty online (warranty.jomashop.com) a few hours after I tried on the watch. So i thought Jomashop would stand by its promise. Late today (8-8), I called Jomashop, explained the above to the woman who answered and asked what the company would do to make things right.

I EVEN OFFERED TO KEEP THE WATCH IF JOMASHOP WOULD JUST SEND ME A REPLACEMENT "LOOP." The rep never acknowledged that. She put me on hold for a few minutes, then said I'd receive an RMA within 24 hours. When i confirmed that Jomashop was going to pay return postage, she said, "No, we can't do that." I was amazed (especially after listening to endless recorded voice-on-hold messages boasting about making-sure-customers-are-happy before I was first connected with the rep). i asked to talk to a supervisor.

She connected me to "Roy," who was incredibly condescending and just plain rude. One of the most unpleasant people I've ever dealt with . . .

and I'm not young. When I explained to him what happened, he said, "Don't even go to the trouble of using the RMA to return the watch.There's a part missing so we won't replace the watch." I was dumbfounded. (In other words, if I hadn't asked to speak to a supervisor, I'd have used the RMA number to ship the watch back to Jomashop, paying at least $20-including insurance-for shipping. AND THEN would have either never gotten the defective watch back or pay ANOTHER ???

dollars to have the defective watch returned to me. What a terrible company!) Anyway, I told "Roy" that the watch had been on my wrist for fewer than 30 seconds AND that I'd signed up for the warranty Jomashop offers. He told me that the warranty is with Invicta, not with Jomashop . Either that's untrue or the black plastic card and the advertising by Jomashop is untrue.

I told "Roy" that was a horrible way to treat a customer. I swear that he then began an astounding (and I thought irrational) monologue that began with "Just because we can't replace the watch, I hope you won't think I'm a horrible person!?!" I tried to tell him that I thought either he or the company policy IS horrible. But he didn't stop his harangue, so I couldn't get a word in. He blaming me for breaking the watch .

. . and on and on. I did something I HATE to do; I hung up on him as he continued his patronizing "speech." NOTE: I never raised my voice during any of the telephone interaction with either person.

So now I have a watch I can't wear and I have a VERY bad "taste in my mouth" for this disreputable company and for the slimy, insulting person I spoke with. Stay away from Jomashop.

Product or Service Mentioned: Invicta S1 Rally Watch.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Jomashop Pros: Selection.

Jomashop Cons: Customer service was rude condescending and unhelpful.

Comments