I purchased a very expensive watch from Jomashop as a Christmas gift to my father, somebody very important to me that I only get to see a few times a year. I purchased on 12/21 and paid an extra charge to ensure deliver before Christmas.

The package arrived in a small brown box on 12/23. I opened the shipping box to review the product prior to gifting it. Upon doing so, I noticed various marketing materials but no invoice or anything of the such. There was a watch box inside of the shipped box.

I opened the watch box and immediately noticed that there was no watch in it. All I was shipped was a watch box and marketing materials. I immediately tried calling Jomashop but they did not answer. I also e-mailed them directly and submitted a customer service inquiry on their website.

I did not receive any response to these inquiries. Obviously I was then out a gift for Christmas, so the situation was magnified. On Tuesday 12/27, I was finally able to speak to someone on the phone. This was not until after I spent a combined 2 hours on the phone waiting for them.

I was disconnected multiple times while waiting in their customer service ***. Eventually I had to call and go through their menu system indicating I was wanting to contact their sales department instead of the customer service area. When I spoke to the man on the phone, he didn't express any concern or urgency for this situation. I told him I needed a resolution quickly because it was a Christmas gift and the recipient was only in town for a week.

He callously informed me that I would have to wait about 2 weeks for a UPS investigation to be completed before they could do anything. I told him this was unacceptable and that I either needed a new product shipped ASAP or a full refund. He didn't care to resolve this manner and simply passed the buck to UPS. In a move of desperation, I took to their social media account on Instagram where I noticed that I was unfortunately far from the only customer having significant issues with the delivery of products and/or customer service.

When I posted a comment, I got a canned response from whoever runs their account asking for my order number. I provided this to them but nothing has happened since. Their handling of the situation has been unacceptable, and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that I was shipped a box without a product. There is no customer service after you give them your money.

You may or may not get a watch you paid for, and if you didn't you're not going to get any help from them. STAY AWAY!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jomashop Shipping Service.

I didn't like: Customer service, Delivery.

Comments

Same thing happened to me. Jomashop shipped an empty box.

After investigation they still would not give a FULL refund! Dishonest and fraudulent

Myers Flat, California, United States #1265433

I have bought several watches within the last few months from Ashford.com. They have been very consistent with the product's quality and condition.

Yes, while they do not have as wide of the selections as Jomashop.com does, but I took a chance with them and it has been a positive experience so far.