2.9K views
2.7

On December 5th, I ordered a product from Jomashop.com. On December 8th, I was notified that the item I had ordered was on back-order by the company and would take an additional 1-2 weeks to process before shipping. Immediately upon receiving this request, I browsed to the web page of the company and promptly cancelled my order via the process that Jomashop.com provided, as the product would not arrive by my desired need date. I received a confirmation from the website that my order had been cancelled but in case of miss-handling, await for an email from the company indicating the order had in fact been cancelled. On December 10th I received my confirmation of order cancellation from a Ms. Kadi (no last name given), a Jomashop.com Customer Service representative, through the cancel.orders@jomashop.com email address.

To my surprise, I received a "Your Order has Shipped" confirmation email on December 18th indicating that jomashop had sent me the item that I had in fact cancelled. In addition, they had also deducted the $89.52 for the product+shipping cost from my credit account. At my earliest convenience, I contacted the company to adjust the issue and received an order return label and instructions for the product from a Ms. Mariam (no last name given), a different Customer Service representative. I was no longer located at the residence where the product was shipped due to the nature of my job (which is the reason I cancelled the order in the first place), so it was extremely inconvenient to procure the wrongfully shipped package and return it back to the company (where I feel the error lies in the first place).

I contacted the company and spoke with a manager, Mr. Roy (last name not given), to explain this situation and attempt to obtain my refund based on the companies error and was met with extreme rude customer service and downright aggression for lack of interpreting the policy. He stated that their cancellation system, which was offered on the site via their order page, was unreliable and even included a statement, "please do not consider this online cancellation confirmation a true reflection of the status of your order, rather contact our company at cancel.orders@jomashop.com", per their cancellation policy section of the website. Before I was able to contact them after initially cancelling, I was received the cancellation confirmation from that very email address from Ms. Kadi and took that as fact of cancellation, per their policy.

All in all, I was eventually able to procure the package they sent in error after great effort, and return the item, only to receive a refund for $82.92, cost less shipping. I feel as though this cost for shipping was not my responsibility and deserve to be reimbursed for what I feel is clearly the company’s error and violation of their own cancellation and refund policy

Desired Outcome: To be reimbursed the $6.60 for the shipping charges of a product that I rightfully cancelled, received cancellation confirmation of, yet was still shipped and required significant effort to return. In addition, I would like to receive an apology from the manager that I had a very heated conversation with who displayed very poor customer service and was extremely disrespectful on the phone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jomashop Customer Care.

Jomashop Cons: Customer service.

Comments

Roy is a very rude and disrepectful person. I would like to speak to his manager!