1.7

I purchased a Longines watch for my husband for Christmas 2017. When my husband opened the watch, we realized that it didn't work.

We live abroad, but I took it to a Longines-authorized jewelry shop for repair and left the warranty card from Jomashop. After i returned home (South America) the jewelry shop contacted me to let me know that the warranty couldn't be used. I contacted Jomashop about the needed repair and got the paperwork. I wasn't able to get back to the US to pick up the watch to return the watch to Jomashop until summer.

Annoying but no big deal, so I thought. I sent the watch to Jomashop in July, expected it to be repaired so I could give it to my husband, asap. Over the months I emailed (as directed) and called multiple times. Emails are never returned, and the phone agents couldn't really tell me what was going on (just that it had been sent for repair and wasn't back).

December 2018 rolls around and still no word from Jomashop, and I was only going to be in the US for a few days so I really needed the watch back. This time when I call they say that it was defective and they're sending another watch. They quickly sent another watch (it did come within a couple of days), but the one they send was in poor condition. It looked used.

I called (from outside the country because of course they have very limited office hours and weren't open between the time the watch arrived and when I had to leave). I explained the poor condition of the watch and how upset I was at the entire process. He said that he didn't have any others to send out. So i said fine, I would just like a refund.

He sent me a return form (from an email address called refunds@jomashop.com) that asks if you want a replacement or a refund. I selected refund and I sent photos by email to back up my complaint. Expecting a refund, I bought my husband another watch from a jeweler. Weeks go by with no word from Jomashop.

When I called them to find out what was going on, they said I had been issued a store credit. At no point did anyone say I would get a store credit instead of a refund. I have spoken to the front line representative, someone who is supposed to be that person's manager via email, and the top level supervisor by (who says she reports to the owner), and no one will budge.

Long story short, I returned a brand new, never work, defective $1550 watch and all I can get is store credit for a store that I don't trust. And to top it off, I have never actually been given any communication that I have a store credit except over the phone so even if I wanted to use the credit, I don't actually have it.

I feel like I have been robbed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Longines Watch.

Jomashop Cons: Defective product and terrible customer service.

Comments