Johnnys Marine Sales And Service - Dishonest Mechanic Johnny Murray

3 of 3 Johnnys Marine Sales And Service reviews

Do not give Johnny's Marine Sales and Service a deposit to repair your boat!A reputable company will not ask for a deposit.

I took my boat in for a new motor and he kept trying to sell me a rebuilt motor. At the least, I would have considered a new long block from the factory. after many excuses and several months of why he couldnt get to my boat ( he was not authorized by Mercruiser) he showed me a rusty block that came out of a boat that was under water and told me he was going to rebuild my engine with it. I said absolutely not!

its not what I wanted. I asked him to refund my money and I would take it somewhere else to get the work done, keep in mind he had my boat for six months when he told me originally that I could have it back in 2 weeks. He refused to give me my money back. and I had to call the police to get my boat back.

My attorney tried to reason with him.

he only offered a fraction of the 4,000.00 deposit that I gave him.I will be seeking a full refund plus court cost and damages in court.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #762592 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Johnnys Marine Sales And Service? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 3 Johnnys Marine Sales And Service reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Martin

10 hours ago #1250518

These moments are unfounded. Johnny Murray has worked on my boat and done outstanding work for over 3 years. He is an honest and hardworking guy. Let me tell about my experience with him.
I have a 34 ft Cruisers Yacht 3375 with twin inboard mercruisers. I first came across Johnny about 3 years when I needed to haul the boat and get the bottom paint done. I was told about him by a friend and was glad I found him. His pricing was significantly better than anyone else. This was the first time I had done the bottom paint since I had bought the boat and soon discovered that the previous work had been botched due to inadequate prep work. Although Johnny could have taken advantage of the situation he did the exact opposite and took care of the whole problem and at a very reasonable price.
After that very positive experience he became my indispensible go-to guy for all of my work on the boat. Before meeting Johnny I had to replace one of the 454 mercruisers due to water ingestion problems. Two years later I experience the same problem. In addition to doing the work to replace the engine at a reasonable price Johnny figure out that the recurrent problem was likely due to the riser design being too short so he changed the riser to avoid the same problem. The boat has been running great ever since. This guy is incredibly knowledgeable and does a great job.
On a number of occasions Johnny has demonstrated his very strong customer sevice ethic by being there at very short
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Dec 02 #1249322 North Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Deren Sawyer, you are a liar. Johnny Murray is one of the most honest, hard working men in Charleston with a reputation to back it up. He is THE BEST engine builder and boat mechanic in Charleston SC. Your attemt to slander him with eventually backfire. All those people that you have cowardely bullied over the years will eventually come to haunt you. You need to stop, this world is hard enough to live in and you are making it worse .... you are acting like a 10 year old spoiled child.

Tom

Dec 02 #1249317 North Charleston, South Carolina, United States

The person making these complaints is a coward and a liar. Johnny Murray is one of the most honest, hard working men in Charleston with a reputation to back it up. I would challenge you to give him a chance. Come to his shop and watch him work .... his shop is always open and all work is visible. He is THE BEST engine builder and boat mechanic in Charleston SC.

2 0 Reply

Oct 24 #1231193 Smithfield, North Carolina, United States

You guys did not know that he scours old boatyards and old forgotten boats for parts? Johnny is a leprechaun of sorts. He turns junk into gold-cash that is. Well known for the Johnny engine in these here parts. A grinder, some paint thinner, a sandblaster, and-presto. Perhaps a crankshaft or head or two but otherwise after the krylon she's NEW. Just drive or sail away without asking any (or two many) questions and she runs for awhile. Patchwork and bandaids are his tools of the trade. And a six pack of beer and he gets references-from his pals. Smart huh?
That's Johnny Murray's Marine legacy.

3 3 Reply
DeepRiverrat12

Oct 23 #1230927 Riverview, Florida, United States

His marine engines are out of old cars and he sandblasts and paints them. He has no mercruiser account. There is no OEM warranty at Johnny's Marine in Charleston. Only lies. Like others are writing I too found out the hard way. Won't be dealing with crooked Johnny Murray any longer. He should be in jail.

4 3 Reply
Ray Moniker9

Oct 18 #1228945 Smithfield, North Carolina, United States

Flim Flam Johnny. Beware of Mr. Murray. He is a fast talking *** artist that talks pitifully about being down on his luck. There are reasons for this.
Buyer beware when Flim Flam Johnny is there.

4 3 Reply
Ray Moniker9

Oct 18 #1228918 Smithfield, North Carolina, United States

Not surprised. He seemed like a reputable guy when I did business with him, that is until I caught him. He sold me a boat with a "factory reman long block" which when I had a problem and asked where he purchasedfor warranty issues, he began back-peddling and claiming he would give me a warranty himself. He had misrepresented the engine and it was clearly one he had rebuilt and repainted. Exactly how far he rebuilt it I cannot say. He could not produce receipts. I strongly believe he only freshened up an older engine. He is a fraud. Do business with him at your own peril.

5 3 Reply

Dec 02 #1249346 Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Why would this man Lie? Why would I lie? This man took a deposit and told me lie after lie and didn't do any work. I took my boat to a reputile business That did the job I asked for and not trying to sell me something I didn't want. And they were done within two weeks without a deposit! I can't wait to get in front of the judge. especially after my liable suit is filed. I can't see where it is legal to take deposits and not perform the work and refuse to give deposits back. IF that is legal then I'm taking deposits and quitting work. Just call my lawyer and settle and then I'll post that I was satisfied. I can't speak for these others who have had issues with him. I have affidavits from two who have had similar problems. Hey, sometimes things don't work out, but you fix them and move on... It would be easier to settle with an unsatisfied customer than to keep trying to defend yourself on the internet. If I had an unsatisfied customer I would contact that customer and do whatever it takes to make them happy.

1 1 Reply
Tammy

2 days ago #1249723 North Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Please produce a copy of your purchase agreement and all of your receipts. Johnny does not sell ANYTHING without a purchase agreement or something in writing. He has been doing this too long to take such a risk. You are a liar.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Johnnys Marine Sales And Service.
Filing a new complaint about
×