Joe Machens Nissan - Joe Machens refer a friend program doesn't work
I purchased a car from Joe Machens Mazda in Columbia, MO on October 25, 2013. I traded two junkers in and my wife and I walked out with a brand new car. We had been referred by my uncle and he received $100 dollars.
All Joe Machens dealerships have the referral program. If you refer someone and they buy a car, you will receive $100 dollars.
My wife and I showed up at my mother’s house to brag about our new car that we are proud of. My mother was amazed that we traded in the two junkers and Joe Machens paid off our current two loans. We owed more than the cars were worth.
My mother was impressed and I told her that Joe Machens in Columbia, MO was where I bought the car from and she went and traded her truck in for a new car. However she went to Joe Machens Nissan Pre-Owned and bought a brand new car. She did not go to Joe Machens Mazda where I bought a new car. While she was there she explained that I referred her before she signed anything. They said "it’s too late".
I decided to go in and talk with them and ask why I wasn't eligible for their Refer a Friend Program. The guy said he would do some checking and called me before 6PM.
At 6PM, I had not heard anything from him and called him and he said he was not able to find the time to check on it and that I need to call him tomorrow.
I called him yet again that next day and he said I'm ineligible for the $100 dollar referral program because my mother didn't come in and look for him specifically. He said I have to refer people directly to him.
Then he started playing salesman and said that if I had 20 minutes of my time to come in and he would teach me easy ways to refer my friends and family. My response was "I'm not interested in giving you guys anymore business."
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Refer A Friend
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "I was forced to switch to Frontier because they bought Verizon in California. I have had a service tech to my home and the product is still unwatchable. Dvr is..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "I was making my travel reservations on Cheapoair for my trip to Boston- Athens, Athens-Santorini and Santorini-Athens and Athens-Bos. As I had to make separate reservations Bos-Athens-Bos, Athens-Santorini-Athens for the..."