I bought a bridesmaids dress on the jj house website which is an us based website and charges in US dollars. While purchasing the dress I was charged a conversion rate since I live in Canada.

I www also charged a custom fit fee ($30) along with shipping to Canada fee ($30). I accepted the charges paid and ordered my dress. The website lures you in with cheap prices but then adds all these added fees. Anyhow three weeks later I received the package but I am charged a 52 dollar customs duties charge for shipping from Hong Kong to the states to Canada.

No where on the website does it mention the dress comes from Hong Kong. It also doesn’t mentioned these added custom fees. Why was I charged shipping if I going to charged an additional 52 dollars for customs. I checked the website and there is no mention of additional custom fees.

Also, they other bridesmaid who bought their dresses two months ago didn’t have to pay customs. This seems like a money making scam to me. I also have to further alter the dress because even though I ordered a custom fit the Dress is bigger. I feel like they sent me a generic size saying it come a custom size.

Overall I am very unhappy with the additional charges. If I wanted to spend 300 on a dress I would go to nordstorm. I spent move on fees and taxes then I did on the dress alone.

It’s been an unpleasant experience and I won’t be buying from this website again. Also Iran impossible to get a hold of them to put your complain through.Beware all!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jjshouse Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

OverjoyedGuineaPig501

I am a disabled blind person with a working dog and I bought two pairs of sandals with bling and they sent me two of the same colors, even though I ordered two different colors. What is worst they were the wrong size and two left foot.

I sent them back with tracking to the returned address provided in Canada but even PayPal tried to track this address but the address is misleading. These are *** scammers.

This is how they plan to steal from the public. I should have look up their review.