Escondido, California
1.2K views
1.8

I ordered 3 dresses from JJ's House, 435$, my bridal gown and my two girls bridesmaid's dresses. These dresses are inexpensive and after thoroughly reviewing JJ's House online, I was expecting some quality and fabric issues, but being on a budget I was willing to risk it.

Turns out the dresses arrived after 11-16 days to California, USA and pass muster, and I ordered 2 sizes larger than I needed due to many reviews claiming small sizes being shipped, however upon arrival it was 2 sizes larger. I'm okay with the alterations fees, because I had expected to have to do some adjusting as my wedding is still 3 months away, and I had budgeted for it. I saw that some people had issues with UPS charging them hidden shipping fees of various amounts, and that the purchase process makes mention of import taxes being uncontrolled and uncharged for by JJ's House, so I CAREFULLY read every checkout page for all information relating to shipping or import fees. I upgraded/expedited my shipping method and paid the requisite fee's that were asked of me, and NOWHERE on the pages submitting the order were any mention made of additional charges.

I understand JJ's House has to profit from it's business but I paid 435$ for the dresses and paying 50$ for expedited shipping, and then paying 75$ on top to UPS who have written me an email stating unequivocally they did NOT collect the 75$ for themselves for import fees but as the actual shipment payment as they were not paid by the shipper, it was shipped C.O.D. is ridiculous. JJ's House for shame! Collecting for shipping, and then passing that 75$ shipping charge onto me is double dipping!

I sent an email to JJ's House directly asking for my refund. Huge surprise, no response... Refund my 75$, now! Make me whole, after I paid the price YOU set for your dresses and the price YOU set on shipping.

Make our transaction whole. Please contact me at jeremydewolfe79@gmail.com (my fiancee's email) and let us straighten this out!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jjshouse Dress.

Reason of review: additional shipping charges.

Preferred solution: Refund the additional 75$ I had to pay, and I will alter all my online reviews..

JJsHouse Pros: That they actually delivered.

JJsHouse Cons: Hidden shipping fees and the silence from customer service.

• shipping charges