Matthews, North Carolina

Horrible experience with Jilly Bugs and their incredibly poor customer service.I ordered an outfit for my daughter that they advertised with fancy/swirly font and received something that was block letters.

When I let the admin on the site know (who, by the way, is NOT the owner- and it's evident in how she handles customer service inquiries), she said monogram font was at their discretion and that my child's name wouldn't have fit that font anyway (though I did speak with the creator of that font who told me that was absolutely not true- that several of the letters had different choices of size and how much space it took up on the shirt- she offered to make me the shirt WITH the font, and it was possible and looked beautiful). I asked why would they not message a customer to let them know that the font that was SUPPOSED to be on an outfit wouldn't be possible? I would have given my daughter's nick-name instead, which would solve her supposed problem of my child's name being too long (Elizabeth). She said they didn't have time to contact customers with problems.

Well, okay. She continued to harass me via messages on Facebook and continued to do so after I requested she not message me anymore. She specifically said "there are many bad customers, too!" Well, I'm sorry that I paid $30 to receive an outfit that is not what I ordered. I filed with PayPal, who said that it would be a negative mark on her account, but that they couldn't do anything about it because it was a custom order (ANY monogram work is considered custom).

BEWARE! Jilly Bugs hides behind the guise of custom items to steal your money- when the item is not delivered as was specifically ordered, you have no recourse. Though, if I'd used my debit card instead of checking account to pay on PayPal, I'd have done a chargeback through my debit card company and had no issue getting my funds back.

Attached are photos of what was promise, versus what I received.Looks more like a baseball outfit than a fancy and cute Christmas outfit.

Review about: Jillybugs Candy Perfection Set.

Turnaround Time
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Jillybugs?

Comments

It's interesting to note you've previously "reviewed" this company, warning others to beware...so why on earth would you continue to buy from them? Is it because you enjoy whining and complaining? There's really no other logical explanation.