Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc Ripped Me Off
Jerry M. Jewell ruined my basement in Westminster, CO. Jerry was hired to remove the drywall in two bedrooms, a hallway, and bathroom for the purpose of an inspection by the City of Westminster. Jerry's inferior work was so shoddy it's shameful. A licensed general contractor was hired to inspect Jerry's work and what follows is from his inspection report.
"Corners in every room were either not textured or textured inconsistently. There were areas in each room where the drywall itself was not flat and smooth and appeared to be fastened poorly. Seams were visible in the ceiling and walls of every room. Outlet covers, light switch covers, smoke detectors and light fixtures were left in place when the drywall texture was applied, covering them with over spray. Base and door trim also had over spray and drywall "mud" overlap. The window in bedroom #1 was not wrapped at the top with drywall creating a gap between the window and wall framing. The top of the closet opening in bedroom #2 had no drywall at all, and the texturing was not completed. Trim throughout the basement was installed poorly, either crooked or with very poor joints and corners. The texturing throughout the basement was inconsistent, blotchy, smeared, too heavy or missing. The entire job is an example of the worst drywall installation and texture I have ever seen."
Jerry M. Jewell's workmanship was so substandard that I had to hire another contractor to remove, reinstall, and refinish all of the drywall in the entire basement at a cost of over $12,000. I requested a refund of the money I paid Jerry M. Jewell but he filed bankruptcy to avoid this debt and the debt of 17 other clients that he ripped off. This man lacks skill and more importantly, he lacks character and integrity. You would be well advised to steer clear of him or his company, Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Basement Renovation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I special ordered Pella windows and sliding door over instock lower priced windows and sliding door thinking I was buying a very good quality window and door. WRONG!!! ..."
- "I had my windows installed in September 2016. I wish I had my old windows yet. They did a horrid job. My picture window is bowed and..."
- "I have a horror story here.Landlord is referring to Gregory Eveslage in this document.Rented Address was 10144 Morning light Dr., Avon IN. 46123.Landlord address Gregory Eveslage 5205 Clover Ridge Dr.,Greenville,..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "Most SOE products MAY take 8-12 weeks to complete as stated on their website. SOME products CLEARLY state "NO ETA" - self explanatory. This was my second belt order from..."
- "The same clothes show up in all the fake sites, like dress lily, etc. They don't have some of the clothes, they don't send you it. They send..."
- "I too have been treated poorly by Aliexpress.com. They do not have a "expert" customer service team, they have a bunch of people who can barely speak English helping..."