Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc Ripped Me Off
Jerry M. Jewell ruined my basement in Westminster, CO. Jerry was hired to remove the drywall in two bedrooms, a hallway, and bathroom for the purpose of an inspection by the City of Westminster. Jerry's inferior work was so shoddy it's shameful. A licensed general contractor was hired to inspect Jerry's work and what follows is from his inspection report.
"Corners in every room were either not textured or textured inconsistently. There were areas in each room where the drywall itself was not flat and smooth and appeared to be fastened poorly. Seams were visible in the ceiling and walls of every room. Outlet covers, light switch covers, smoke detectors and light fixtures were left in place when the drywall texture was applied, covering them with over spray. Base and door trim also had over spray and drywall "mud" overlap. The window in bedroom #1 was not wrapped at the top with drywall creating a gap between the window and wall framing. The top of the closet opening in bedroom #2 had no drywall at all, and the texturing was not completed. Trim throughout the basement was installed poorly, either crooked or with very poor joints and corners. The texturing throughout the basement was inconsistent, blotchy, smeared, too heavy or missing. The entire job is an example of the worst drywall installation and texture I have ever seen."
Jerry M. Jewell's workmanship was so substandard that I had to hire another contractor to remove, reinstall, and refinish all of the drywall in the entire basement at a cost of over $12,000. I requested a refund of the money I paid Jerry M. Jewell but he filed bankruptcy to avoid this debt and the debt of 17 other clients that he ripped off. This man lacks skill and more importantly, he lacks character and integrity. You would be well advised to steer clear of him or his company, Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Basement Renovation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I AM GOING THRU THE WORSE TIME IN MY LIFE AND EAGLE CARPORT HAS MADE IT WORSE TEN FOLD AND IT ISNT THE FACT THEY MADE MISTAKES BUT THEY DID..."
- "My husband and I bought a home from Clayton Homes of Tappahannock that has turned into one nightmare after another. They hired Woodland Landscapping company to set our home..."
- "I have a horror story here.Landlord is referring to Gregory Eveslage in this document.Rented Address was 10144 Morning light Dr., Avon IN. 46123.Landlord address Gregory Eveslage 5205 Clover Ridge Dr.,Greenville,..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "NASTY GAL ITEMS SENT WITH HOLES AND TEARS AND CUSTOMER CARE DOESN'T CARE I ordered 12 items and 2 of my items have tears that sit right on the chest. They..."
- "When Moving my expensive collectables from my curio cabinets for the carpeting to get replaced I found three missing items I did not notice missing before. I called the office..."
- "The materials are substandard with low resolution quality. The prices are through the roof. My adorable son was the only redeeming quality of the photos...."