Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc Ripped Me Off
Jerry M. Jewell ruined my basement in Westminster, CO. Jerry was hired to remove the drywall in two bedrooms, a hallway, and bathroom for the purpose of an inspection by the City of Westminster. Jerry's inferior work was so shoddy it's shameful. A licensed general contractor was hired to inspect Jerry's work and what follows is from his inspection report.
"Corners in every room were either not textured or textured inconsistently. There were areas in each room where the drywall itself was not flat and smooth and appeared to be fastened poorly. Seams were visible in the ceiling and walls of every room. Outlet covers, light switch covers, smoke detectors and light fixtures were left in place when the drywall texture was applied, covering them with over spray. Base and door trim also had over spray and drywall "mud" overlap. The window in bedroom #1 was not wrapped at the top with drywall creating a gap between the window and wall framing. The top of the closet opening in bedroom #2 had no drywall at all, and the texturing was not completed. Trim throughout the basement was installed poorly, either crooked or with very poor joints and corners. The texturing throughout the basement was inconsistent, blotchy, smeared, too heavy or missing. The entire job is an example of the worst drywall installation and texture I have ever seen."
Jerry M. Jewell's workmanship was so substandard that I had to hire another contractor to remove, reinstall, and refinish all of the drywall in the entire basement at a cost of over $12,000. I requested a refund of the money I paid Jerry M. Jewell but he filed bankruptcy to avoid this debt and the debt of 17 other clients that he ripped off. This man lacks skill and more importantly, he lacks character and integrity. You would be well advised to steer clear of him or his company, Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Basement Renovation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We were given the wrong model manufactured home. We purchased a 2010 and were given a 2009 (documents to validate all "claims" Statements). Home built with unapproved material, on un-level..."
- "I AM GOING THRU THE WORSE TIME IN MY LIFE AND EAGLE CARPORT HAS MADE IT WORSE TEN FOLD AND IT ISNT THE FACT THEY MADE MISTAKES BUT THEY DID..."
- "Otis is the worst escalators Company.I am using this lift for last 1 year and believe me it is so unreliable that it may stop working any time.It get hanged..."
- "I wish I had read these reviews before ordering from them. I do NOT think they're posted by competitors - I believe they're real people (like me) who have..."
- "When Moving my expensive collectables from my curio cabinets for the carpeting to get replaced I found three missing items I did not notice missing before. I called the office..."
- "Reading the other comments about Pella, it seems almost unnecessary to add another unhappy experience. To begin with, it took nearly 4 months to obtain the parts and replace..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."