Jennifer Prevost - Beware - Don't rent 810 Yarmouth Ct. San Diego, Ca- We were scammed!
My husband and I rented a vacation rental off of Craigslist.We rented from Jennifer Prevost and she said the apartment was clean and nice.
My husband and I drove 7 hours from Arizona to get there and when we arrived we were appalled at what we saw. Trash everywhere, and the "view" that she told us about was the back of a hotel that had huge cargo crates, with junk and trash everywhere. The stairs going up were cracked and the railing was broke and there was a big drop off of the steps, this is very dangerous. The stairs are not up to code.
When we got inside the apartment, the owner left the keys under the mat we were even more disgusted. The whole place was filled with dirt like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I even saw roaches.
When I called the owner Jennifer Prevost she insisted she had just been in there that morning and it was very clean but that she might of tracked in a little dirt in the kitchen. I tried to get her to go over there to talk with us but she had an attitude and said she had no idea when she would be there.
Well we took video and pictures of the place and then ended up staying with friends. My husband called her that evening to let her know we would not be taking the place because it was not safe or healthy to stay there and she insisted again that the place was clean and safe until my husband told her that he had video and pictures. That's when she said she would get a cleaning crew in there to rectify the situation.
Now she claims she offered us a hotel and that we should of given her a chance to rectify the situation, she says she will not give us our deposit back of $1800.00 because this is what a 3 star place is like. In her lease it says that if she doesn't rectify the situation and make the place available to us within 10 days then the lease is void and the tenants get their deposits back.
She is now offering us $350 back and then she would keep the rest for rent. This woman is disgusting she has been a nightmare for us. Do not rent this place on 810 Yarmouth Ct. in San Diego , Ca!!!
It is listed on a few vacation websites so beware!!The place is a dump and this owner will scam you!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Vacation Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "If you are hard-working, honest, and looking for affordable housing, BEWARE of Kingwood Lakes Apartments at 3700 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, Texas. Beware of any Adara Community in this area! They..."
- "Major Issues1. Dryer Outlet was bad, would not work- Apartment complex offer washer and dryer hook ups.Date Reported 10/27/15Date Fixed 11/9/2015Time between reported and repaired: 2weeks 2. Hot Water tank went..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "We ordered a Overly Reclining Sofa from Ashley Furniture (ONLINE) and they delivered it 12/29/2016. First - they did NOT deliver what was ordered. If you look at the picture..."
- "August 1st 2015 Doug Kellam, CEO Zero Technologies LLC 4510 Adams Circle, Unit G Bensalem, PA 19020 Dear Mr Kellam, Disappointment with your system, then upset with your Customer Help. About six months ago after reading Mike..."