Jennifer Prevost - Beware - Don't rent 810 Yarmouth Ct. San Diego, Ca- We were scammed!
My husband and I rented a vacation rental off of Craigslist.We rented from Jennifer Prevost and she said the apartment was clean and nice.
My husband and I drove 7 hours from Arizona to get there and when we arrived we were appalled at what we saw. Trash everywhere, and the "view" that she told us about was the back of a hotel that had huge cargo crates, with junk and trash everywhere. The stairs going up were cracked and the railing was broke and there was a big drop off of the steps, this is very dangerous. The stairs are not up to code.
When we got inside the apartment, the owner left the keys under the mat we were even more disgusted. The whole place was filled with dirt like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I even saw roaches.
When I called the owner Jennifer Prevost she insisted she had just been in there that morning and it was very clean but that she might of tracked in a little dirt in the kitchen. I tried to get her to go over there to talk with us but she had an attitude and said she had no idea when she would be there.
Well we took video and pictures of the place and then ended up staying with friends. My husband called her that evening to let her know we would not be taking the place because it was not safe or healthy to stay there and she insisted again that the place was clean and safe until my husband told her that he had video and pictures. That's when she said she would get a cleaning crew in there to rectify the situation.
Now she claims she offered us a hotel and that we should of given her a chance to rectify the situation, she says she will not give us our deposit back of $1800.00 because this is what a 3 star place is like. In her lease it says that if she doesn't rectify the situation and make the place available to us within 10 days then the lease is void and the tenants get their deposits back.
She is now offering us $350 back and then she would keep the rest for rent. This woman is disgusting she has been a nightmare for us. Do not rent this place on 810 Yarmouth Ct. in San Diego , Ca!!!
It is listed on a few vacation websites so beware!!The place is a dump and this owner will scam you!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Vacation Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00..."
- "Erased negative reviews from their past coming back to haunt the new year. Do not believe all their phone baloney reviews, pretty easy to see it's fiction when you start reading..."
- "I see you are in Houston. I am a Derksen dealer in TX and what I would tell you is that if you are basing your decision on the..."
- "August 1st 2015 Doug Kellam, CEO Zero Technologies LLC 4510 Adams Circle, Unit G Bensalem, PA 19020 Dear Mr Kellam, Disappointment with your system, then upset with your Customer Help. About six months ago after reading Mike..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."