I recently purchased and installed a slider door that has a pet door in it, and I am very displeased with the pet door.The pet door flap does not withstand wind, rain, or snow.
The slightest breeze pushes the flap open and lets in all the air. I have a brand new floor, that when it rains, the water comes in through the flap, and I am afraid that it is going to ruin my new floor. The magnet on the flap does not connect to the bottom of the entrance way, and is not strong enough to stay closed (look at the picture and you can see there is a gap between the flap and the bottom of the entrance). The slightest breeze pushes the door open.
I have had 3 mice in my house since we installed the door. For the past 20 years that I have lived in this house, I have had a cheap pet door, and I have never had a problem with wind blowing the door open, rain coming in, or mice helping themselves in.
I spent a lot of money on this door and I am very unsatisfied.How do we solve this problem?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sliding Door
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "We had LeafFilter installed and received a lifetime warranty for the system. Six years later the filter screen pulled away and off of a gutter (see picture). We..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went..."
- "Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve..."
- "I stayed a week at the Extended Stay on Evans in Denver, CO. The hotel was filthy and in dire need of repair. My room had not been..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."