Denver, Colorado
100% full Not resolved

I recently purchased and installed a slider door that has a pet door in it, and I am very displeased with the pet door.The pet door flap does not withstand wind, rain, or snow.

The slightest breeze pushes the flap open and lets in all the air. I have a brand new floor, that when it rains, the water comes in through the flap, and I am afraid that it is going to ruin my new floor. The magnet on the flap does not connect to the bottom of the entrance way, and is not strong enough to stay closed (look at the picture and you can see there is a gap between the flap and the bottom of the entrance). The slightest breeze pushes the door open.

I have had 3 mice in my house since we installed the door. For the past 20 years that I have lived in this house, I have had a cheap pet door, and I have never had a problem with wind blowing the door open, rain coming in, or mice helping themselves in.

I spent a lot of money on this door and I am very unsatisfied.How do we solve this problem?

Review about: Sliding Door.

2.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Jeld Wen Door
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $1000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Jeld Wen?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.