Review about 2015 Jayco Octane 222 Super Lite from La Junta, Colorado
Update added by user Apr 22
Check out what happens when you try and tape the control panel down because the screws are screwed into air. The so called wood the screws are suppose to be screwed into is cardboard with some sort if wood covering glued to it. The duct tape pulled the fake wood stuff off.
Update added by user Apr 18
Water heater had another leak at another connection which has been fixed again.
Now the water pump is acting funny, knocking, beating it's self against the floor. I have lost water pressure and the toilet runs and runs when flushed.
I also now have a new dent in the corner molding by the bathroom.
The drain plug was just sitting in the water heater area outside under the cover. I was told that's how it was when brought in, amazing!
Update added by user Apr 16
Dealer said the problem which caused the fire was a spider web.
The current rate for running a brush through the gas line is $125.00.
16 issues were addressed during the service stop.
Front of trailer and shower will have to come loose/out for more mold mitigation.
I know know what a full timer is: someone who owns a trailer and spends all their time working on it.
This Jayco is a full time job!
Update added by user Apr 11
Well it's April 12th. and water started coming out from under the bathroom wall. The water heater has totally taken a dump, literally!
What a mess this trailer is.
Update added by user Apr 03
What makes all the water leaks even more concerning is the shower has never been used.
While looking for water, I pulled the inspection panel in the storage compartment to the area below the shower and found the shower was supported by scrap pieces of 2x4's, not very confident inspiring!
Update added by user Apr 03
Also, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall, one side of the plastic assembly had missed the stud and only screwed into cardboard wall.
Same situation as window cover snaps.
Update added by user Apr 01
The screws holding the refueling station began popping off, bent frame?
Original review posted by user Apr 01
2015 Jayco 222 Octane SL Toyhauler
Water leaks every connection has leaked, water pump kicks on all the time, 5 times it's been in for water leaks and still not resolved.
Mold- more water leaking in at front bottom of trailer there's a gap and daylight can be seen. Found this while cleaning up mold which is in everything.
Fridge makes all kinds of noise and goes into check when switching power sources.
Furnace jingles like a bearing is going out.
Screen door plastic slide has been on order since new.
3 cabinet doors have fallen off, if you attempt to tighten the screws strip the soft wood.
All wood work was staples and nails exposed, not to mention all the visible hammer and sanding marks on everything wood.
Nitrogen sticker was hiding a dent.
Fuel station nozzle was stuck on and sprayed fuel all over my motorcycle.
Microwave oven door came pre-dented.
Trailer Control cabinet screws all came loose.
Windows all leak and make noise when wind is blowing.
Axle bent, 3 months to get it replaced.
All 4 tires needed replaced due to the axle.
Fender skirt cracked since new.
Water heater started on fire when I try'ed to heat water using propane.
Storage compartment trim peeling off.
Front bird graphic peeling off.
Medicine cabinet shelves falling apart.
Stereo face will no longer latch down properly.
Battery strap for generator broke an on order I guess.
Generator sounds like a bearing is going out while under a small load.
Trim in bathroom and sleeping area not properly fitted to walls and ceiling.
Never able to get this unit out of the state (Colorado).
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- 2015 Jayco Octane 222 Super Lite
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "I purchased a 12 pack of pepsi cans today at the local King Soopers store. I opened the first can and it literrally exploded everywhere. I didnt keep the can..."
- "AAA (www.aaatoday.com) has been ripping us off for years with their price mock up's; but it wasn't until the work they did for us on: 7-9-15 that I found out..."
- "I just got off the phone with customer service, where I was apologized to for 50 minutes but not given any reasonable options. Three days ago, an attempt was made to..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."