Dog Breeder Jan Holstege Sold Me A Sick Yorkshire Terrier.
I purchased a 16 week old male A.K.C Yorkshire Terrier from Jan Holstege in AnnArbor MI.on October 15,2010.I was told puppy was 100% healthy, free from all congenital and hereditary defects (Guaranteed).I paid $1,200.cash .My yorkie suffered with his hind legs locking up, 2 days after purchase.Vet's diagnose, Luxtating Patellas grade 2 in both hind legs at 16 weeks old.Diagnosed again at 14 months, grade 2 luxtating patellas ,will not grow out of and will worsen in time.Est.surgery cost for both hind legs $3,200.My pup also suffered from diarrhea and vomiting at 8 months old.
Costing at least $400. for test and treatments ,pup was finally diagnosed with Food Hypersensitivity an inherited defect from a parent.Pup also had a L.cryptorhcrid inquinal,under going 2 surgeries at the time of neutering instead of the one.Extra cost.I have spent over $1,000. in vet services so far.This dose not include leg surgeries.In confronting breeder of these health issued ,she accused my vet of lying,then accused me of giving my pup all of these congenital and hereditary health problems.Jan Holstege refused to except any responsibility for her written and verbal guarantees made to me.It was only after 8 months of unsuccessful attempts to resolve this matter with breeder I then contacted the B.B.B. Finally after the B.B.B.case closed,because of no response from breeder did I receive an e-mail from breeder.
Her request was that I give my pup to her for awhile (a 6 hour road trip for me )and she and her vet would decide his fate.If pup was not of Pet Quality she would then REPLACE him with another yorkie.Sorry,pup was under vet care at the time for his diarrhea and vomiting.I suggested a non bias vet we could both agree on, to spare my pup the stress of any changes that could worsen his health. Again no response.My yorkie was seen by two different vets from two different clinics.Diagnosed the same.I could not give pup back to such an untrustworthy breeder whom lied to me throughout this whole business transaction. A breeder who would not put one cent towards the health of one of the sick puppy she sold,a breeder who cares nothing about her customer who gave her $1,200. in good faith, believing she was a women of her word.Mrs.Holstege business practices are unethical.I believe that even with the best breeding practices in line, a sick pup can be born,,I guess that's why breeders give guarantees,they cannot be 100% sure.I'm sure if you purchased a yorkie from her and pup is healthy you will have no problems with her.
But look out, if you have a sick pup . My experience with her was horrific! Hey!
I heard of a breeder who just paid for one of her pup's heart surgery after being adopted and diagnosed by new owner's vet..Is that a breeder that cares or what!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "Rebecca Sprague and Jesse replied to an email I sent to them in February of 2013 regarding a kitten. We had 2nd choice of this litter in question, and we..."
- "The American Border Collie Association is no longer “democratically ran” since the term was removed from their website effective March 2016. Also, around March 2016-The American Border Collie Association discovered..."
- "Your recent commercial with the dead chicken cacasses as string puppets entertaining children is disgusting. These were once living animals and a poor example for children. If animals are..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "The only reason I ordered through Cichic was because they advertised yoga onzie brand pants, by the way is still being shown as in stock. But when the package arrived..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "I was looking for a couch that would hold up with 2 dogs. My salesman told me leather would definitely be the way to go. I was told..."
- "I bought a Citizen Eco Drive watch from Jomashop.com and returned back the item next day by courier for either exchange or cash refund. They simply said that they can..."
- "Last August we hired Lucas Nursery and Landscaping to remove 3 evergreens from our backyard and replace them with new plantings. A design plan was drawn up and..."