James Hardie Siding - Hardiplank siding 50 Year Warranty? Don't count on it!!!
I bought 100 sticks of hardiplank in the late 90's with the plans of residing my garage. It has (haha) a 50 year transferable warranty, American company...plus they had a piece of siding sitting in a jar of water on the counter at the store which they claim was there for 5 years. It was expensive, but hey, 50 year warranty. What could go wrong.
Well I went to (finally) put it on and it crumbles to dust. Way to fragile to use. I call the company and I have to fill out papers, send pictures, find the original receipt (yeah, who has that 18 years later- but I did!!). Then they call and deny the claim, saying because it wasn't installed, they won't honor their 50 year warranty. They say it would have to have been kept in dry storage for them to honor it.
I told them the lumber store keeps it in a bottle of water and they claim it's still warranted! I told her to send me the warranty info from the 90's, she promised she would, but never did.
Hardiplank makes a great product, but when they boast about their warranty and standing behind it, it is a big lie!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardiplank Siding
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I used over 35 gallons of your Deck Over paint to cover my 14'10" x 28' deck and railings last summer. It now makes me sick to look at..."
- " Here is a descriptive account of the time-line: • 898.32 square feet of VM HS Solid Golden Teak ¾ x 4-3/4"SKU: 10006652/VMGT5/2009 Flooring and Eco Silent Sound HD Underlayment were purchased from..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."