James Hardie Siding - Hardiplank siding 50 Year Warranty? Don't count on it!!!
I bought 100 sticks of hardiplank in the late 90's with the plans of residing my garage. It has (haha) a 50 year transferable warranty, American company...plus they had a piece of siding sitting in a jar of water on the counter at the store which they claim was there for 5 years. It was expensive, but hey, 50 year warranty. What could go wrong.
Well I went to (finally) put it on and it crumbles to dust. Way to fragile to use. I call the company and I have to fill out papers, send pictures, find the original receipt (yeah, who has that 18 years later- but I did!!). Then they call and deny the claim, saying because it wasn't installed, they won't honor their 50 year warranty. They say it would have to have been kept in dry storage for them to honor it.
I told them the lumber store keeps it in a bottle of water and they claim it's still warranted! I told her to send me the warranty info from the 90's, she promised she would, but never did.
Hardiplank makes a great product, but when they boast about their warranty and standing behind it, it is a big lie!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardiplank Siding
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas. A dropped fork can dent tile. We..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "These door are bull ***...i paid 400 dollars for. A SECURITY door that had a 1000 break in warranty. ..beware they only cover if they burglars break threw the glass....they..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."