James Hardie Siding - Hardiplank siding 50 Year Warranty? Don't count on it!!!
I bought 100 sticks of hardiplank in the late 90's with the plans of residing my garage. It has (haha) a 50 year transferable warranty, American company...plus they had a piece of siding sitting in a jar of water on the counter at the store which they claim was there for 5 years. It was expensive, but hey, 50 year warranty. What could go wrong.
Well I went to (finally) put it on and it crumbles to dust. Way to fragile to use. I call the company and I have to fill out papers, send pictures, find the original receipt (yeah, who has that 18 years later- but I did!!). Then they call and deny the claim, saying because it wasn't installed, they won't honor their 50 year warranty. They say it would have to have been kept in dry storage for them to honor it.
I told them the lumber store keeps it in a bottle of water and they claim it's still warranted! I told her to send me the warranty info from the 90's, she promised she would, but never did.
Hardiplank makes a great product, but when they boast about their warranty and standing behind it, it is a big lie!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardiplank Siding
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "After much research, I decided to go with the Versa Tube Grand. I have read the reviews and admit I had the same issue with the free shipping, and never..."
- "I bought top of the line Pergo Flooring with the Gold under layment and some sort of seal for below that. We were told it had a lifetime warranty and..."
- "We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."