Vancouver, British Columbia
21.5K views 457 comments

In Vancouver, BC 5:15pm March 19, 2011 at Waterloo and W.Broadway.

I had just come out of the bank and a guy pulled up in a new black Chrysler 300C drove up and stopped. He rolled down the window and told me he was lost and asked if I could give him direction to the airport. Well dressed and well spoken with an Italian accent. I gave him directions and he offered my a leather jacket to thank me.

Thought he was very gracious and refused, he insisted and introduced himself as Aldo a representative from an italian company that sold high end leather jackets, Armani, Gucci, GA Milano, etc. Told me he had been in a show at the Convention Centre and had these samples (they were labelled sample) left and didn't really want to take them back to Italy. He then offered to give me the rest of the jackets he had if I were to buy one for $1500. I declined but eventually ended up giving him $300 for seven jackets.

Two in a brown suede material and five black "leather" jackets, various styles. They were all wrapped in plastic with GA Milano lablels. They are not leather but rather what I'm told is referred to as "Pleather" made of a PLC derivative which actually feels, to my touch, very much like my good leather coat, (see how good my touch is). Smooth talker, very personable, had a map of Vancouver on the dash and what looked like an airline ticket folder visibe.

He had an Italian passport in the compartment between the seats that showed he had been in Uruguay and Chile in the past month. Very smooth. Felt like a dummy afterwards, but will offer them to some of my staff. He is a w/m, 6" tall, 185 lbs, italian accent, dark hair, very well groomed and very well dressed.

I knew I had been ripped right after it happened, remembering the "if it is too good to be true, it is too good to be true" mantra. I jumped on the computer and was floored to see the extent of this scam.

Reports from different Europe, USA and Canada that are very similar.

Review about: Ga Milano Leather Jackets.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Italian Style Clothing?

Comments

gottaken

Same scam happened to me yesterday 5/24/17 in Danvers, MA.Happened exactly as described.

Smooth talker. Can't believe I fell for it guy told me they were for free..

Gave me 3 of them then asked me for some money.I ended up giving back two jackets but paid $40 for a worthless jacket that my wife says looks horrible on me.

Redwood City, California, United States #1313405

Well this sounds like it's everywhere.It even happened to me in Portola Valley outside of Robert's foods.

He also asked for directions to the airport talked about the show at the convention center and that he didn't want to pay the taxes to bring them back to Italy. Gave me his card and give me 7 leather jackets and one for $550 for the last one. I will say they look very genuine and have fooled those I've given them to.

I did get his license plate.Don't know if I have time to pursue anything there..

Tom T
Tarzana, California, United States #1307501

my Dad got scam yesterday as well, the guy was asking for airport direction and then gave my dad a bag of leather jackets and asking for donation

Laguna Hills, California, United States #1304407

It just happened to my Grandfather in Laguna Hills, CA. Watch out folks in Orange County.

***! Exactly the same thing happened to me i mean exactly how you described it here in chicago, and i said i would give him 300 just give me a sec to take care of this mechanic issue, i was at a mechanic shop, then looked it up on internet and them jackets are like $40 each, told him the prices and he just took off, but funny thing is your story was an exact match, maybe it was the same guy lol,

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1300704

It just happened to me in Las Vegas yesterday 3-8-2017.Same exact thing.

He said his name was Francisco from Italy asking for directions to the Airport after his fashion convention. He gave me 5 jackets and wanted me to give him $350. I should have known.

The guy was driving a VW without plates in the nice part of town.

Fell for it.From the looks of all the people that got scammed he is making a killing with these stinky jackets.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #1298547

Wow....my boyfriend just got scammed by this same guy.....

same story....lost..needs to get to the airport...etc etc etc..

He ended up paying 170.00 for 3jackets...

Cant believe this guy is still getting away with this after reading all the people hes ripped off..

Just happened to me in Corpus Christi Texas. But I only gave him 50 bucks.Nice Jacket.But same story.

Narekzo
Santa Ana, California, United States #1291093

First of all come on guys can't you send pictures to your son or someone who understands designer brands?

One of these f***ers came up to me last time at work and did exactly the same asking for directions and He offered me free gifts and I said no thanks and he kept insisting and I said gtfo man I don't want it lol

TODAY my dad came from work very excited telling me that he paid $350 for 5 pieces of some designer jackets.When I took a look, I asked him why he didn't call and ask before paying 350 f***in dollars when we could be enjoying some fine steak for that money....

Our parents have so much to learn from us!!!!

Be smart and don't fall for this ***!

Narekzo
to Narekzo #1291095

Just want to add that..

The location was Granada Hills but can be all over LA. And seems like all over the states too