Huntington Beach, California
3.3K views 12 comments

Got scammed in Irvine yesterday 10/6/15 on Culver drive, small shopping center.

Italian rep coming from fashion show....

Looking for JW airport to catch is flight to Ny and Milano....

He wanted to give his sample jackets from the fashion because of tax at the airport.....

Same old story than everyone.

Cost me $170 for 4 jackets.

He pulled another bag of 3 jacquets and asked $1000 after $500. He showed me the ATM. I became very suspicious and I told him that I had to go. He was very nice but tenacious, I gentlty pushed him a side to get in my car and left. As soon as I came back home, I did google it to find out that I got scammed.

Very upsetting but a good learning lesson for a senior man that should know better!

Review about: Ga Milano Leather Jaket.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Italian Style Clothing?

Comments

Jay 84

Just got conned at the gas station near Chinook Mall, Calgary.Lodged Police complaint just now.

I ended up giving $172 for 3 jackets that were apparently from a Armani Shop in Italy called AG Milano. He was pressing me for an Ipad for his kids. It was a scam, I knew it, but I guess my mind wasn't functioning. He showed me a business card, so I felt like he was genuine.

When I looked at the person online, there was no name that matched the one he gave me, Lucio P. I did find a facebook account that had a picture of a man that bore a close resemblance to the man that struck me down. The name of the man in the account is Lucio P. Jimenez, which has the same first and middle name as the name that was on the business card.

But it probably was just a made up name. And the jackets weren't even worth $20 each. What's so annoying is that he's still out there, and the Police don't seem to take the case seriously. I mean, when there's over 364,000 incidents on Google, I'm surprised they haven't stepped up their game.

Honestly, I don't care about the money I lost, but the fact that he's probably setting up somebody right now as you read this.I've realized that he could be a shoplifter too, and I might end up in jail if I have the coats, even if I'm really innocent.

Phil
to Jay 84 #1321705

This Lucio just tried to scam me too at a gas station just now claiming that he had to go to airport n not having his credit card to pay for customs or whatever so he offered 4 jackets in return for $300 to buy his son a tablet.

Didn't give him anything.

When I told him to park the car n we'll talk some more he said he needed to go. I did see that he had a credit card claiming it to be company credit card with the name Fabio on it.

Since the name doesnt match his business card and reluctance to show anything but the front of his passport.Red flags n definitely a scammer

Jon

Came across the scammer.He gave a business card with the name Marco boriello

With gmail: marcoborrfashion357@gmail.com

Tel.

+39 (333) 3631533

Idk if it's fake info.Someone hit him up

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1303307

This just happened to my husband in Naples Florida. So upsetting. Gave this guy $300 for 6 jackets.

Wally

I had the same experience in Ft Myers.

It happend to me today in Chicago . Same story and good lesson for future.

Cost me 160.

Doe any one talked to police ??

Well this just happened to me in redwood city.He was a really nice guy, said he was leaving to Italy in a few hours and he need to buy his daughter a gift before he left.

So out of the kindness of my heart I decided to help him out , and gave him 200.

Minutes later after he left I went only and found this.I hope he is still in town so I can turn him in

Same story happend today 6/2/16 in New York,Queens.

Same thing JUST happened to me.I sensed a scam early on, but wasn't sure.

The guy was really good. Said he worked for Nordstrom, as had I, and he quoted a lot of true Nordies stuff too. He was a "window designer", which I happened to have done for a year, then I was a shoe buyer. His Nordstrom card was all wrong though, black with a hotmail.it address, I don't think so.

I kind of knew it was a scam then but decided to see where it went. Did I mention I'm not working right now? So I hedged my "value" game and told him I just had spinal fusion surgery and had been out of work since last May. (which is actually true) He kept going though, perhaps because I was holding a fancy Stainless Steel Starbucks cup and walking to Starbucks?

haha, He showed me the jackets and had me touch the lambskin. It was at that point that I knew for sure it was a scam, as I said, I was a Nordstom shoe buyer know my leathers, these are plastic all the way, and really cheap plastic too, his jeep stinks of it. I should have walked and not encouraged him, but something in me said take the jacket, you'll get it for pennies and one of my kids can wear it. I told him I would give him all the cash in my wallet (which I knew was $12) and his eyes lit up.

At that point I had the bag of 3 jackets slung over my shoulder. I showed him the $12 and said "that's all I have". Now that I think about it he could have grabbed my wallet and ran, instead he Immediately dove for the bag...

I got to keep one.One moral of the story, the Fake Millano jackets are worth less than $12 US.

same thing here daly city ca, $300