25.2K views
1.1

I want to share my personal experience as an It Works distributor. I was with the company for about 6 months.

After listening to enough of their "success" stories I finally figured I'd give it a try as a side job for extra income. There's a fee of $99.00 to join. There are many things they don't tell you until after you have already joined. First, if you order products at their discount you will be automatically signed for for 3 months.

If you try to cancel you have to pay a $50 fee. They try to scam people into signing up without telling them the whole story. Then, unless you cancel your subscription after three months, you will continue to receive It Works products forever! Be sure to log in to your online account and cancel and remove all of your payment information or you will be charged for a long time.

Next, you basically have to pay money to earn money. Unless you sell $150 worth of products to customers EVERY month you will not receive your commission. You also have the option of paying $80 every month yourself in order to get commission. Your commission check could be $20.00 yet you would have to pay $80.00 to receive that...pretty ridiculous right?

The distributors teach you how to get others to join your team as a distributor or to get customers by basically lying to them. They tell you to never tell a customer that they are signing them up for three months! They just say you're getting a 40% discount but don't tell you the rest of the terms! If you do decide to sign up as a loyal customer make sure you do it yourself so you know your login information and read the terms and conditions.

If you don't and want to cancel before the three months are up you will be charged $50! Overall, I have spent over $500.00 on products and fees and have only earned $15.00 in 6 months! I earned more a day working a part time job when I was a teen. Next, they don't tell you there's a $20.00 fee every month for your website to work.

That's in addition to the $80.00 so you're commission qualified. Basically, you'll be paying more every month then you'll actually earn. Don't get fooled by their success stories, the more money someone has earned with this company actually means they lied that much better. They teach you to lie to get customers because that's the only way someone will join them.

Their products don't work either. I have tried 8 of their wraps and they have done absolutely nothing. I mean I would understand if one didn't work, but EIGHT? Come on.

Then I tried the cleanse which again did absolutely nothing at all. I tried the Hair,Skin, and Nails vitamins which did nothing to make my hair grow. I would have been better off buying the vitamins at Walmart for $10.00. All the products themselves are made in Mexico from really cheap ingredients.

You have to wonder if they're even safe to use since we all know the water in Mexico is unclean and very dangerous in most places. What are you really putting into your body?! It's kind of a scam that they don't have any reviews on their website don't you think? The only photos they use of their products actually working are ones they created themselves.

You have to ask yourself what kind of company really wouldn't allow their customers to post honest reviews of their products. The kind that just wants your money. Please really think about everything I just mentioned before you join this company as a customer or distributor. It's really unethical and misleading to it's customers and distributors.

If you're reading this, I believe you can find a much better job literally anywhere and make a better living in an honest way where you don't have to lie to people everyday.

Don't waste your time, the only people really succeeding in this company are the ones who know how to lie really well. I think you deserve better.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

It Works Cons: Deception.

Comments

Your claim is not true. We tell all loyal customers about the three months.

Also I have not had to purchase to make money, I have been in it a short time and have already received a 100 shopping spree and have received two pay checks and they were not 15.00 dollars. Work the business and you receive rewards......Just saying.

This this is so not true.

GrizzledWhale

I joined and just realized the sad truth .. how do I quit!?

I also worked here for months and they don’t ever tell you all the terms I even asked when trying to get someone under me if I tell them they have to do it for 3 months and they said no don’t tell them!!! That was one of the first signs I seen! I completely agree with this person DONT WORK FOR THEM!!!

This is this so crazy to me! I’ve been a distributor for just over a year now with Itworks.

I only pay $20 a month to keep my website up and running. I was never once told to not be completely honest with my financial customers. I always let them know that I am waiting in the $50 membership fee for them doing our loyal customer program. And as long as they complete their loyal customer agreement they will not be charge this membership fee.

This also gives them our 40% off discount for life. I will never not stand behind a company that pays me thousands of dollars a month in commissions, weekly bonuses, and with the help of Itworks products I have lost over 70 pounds! If you only earned $15 the entire time you were with the company, that tells me that you didn’t spend much time doing income producing activities so you have no one to blame but yourself for you not being successful. These products definitely work!

I saw amazing rap results after only two wraps. If you used eight did you use one every 72 hours and in the same spot on your body? Did you drink water or booze? I am not at the top of the company.

I’m just a mom of four who didn’t go to college and needed extra money to be able to stay home with her babies. And this is how I am able to do it.

@Anonymous

Okay, you got nasty there in the last bit about water or booze, which really looks bad for your company. I was approach by someone and they wanted me to pay $99 and would not even tell me the company name until i asked, so let's not be assuming!

It is okay for all of us to have differing opinions!

Be kind with your assumptions and respectful with your answers. My encounter with this sales person I mentioned was very aggressive and that was a red flag, so now seeing your reaction and the one from above and no PROOF either of you make THOUSANDS of dollars solely from It Works a month is questionable with respect.

This review is 100% right on! The company is guaranteed money by either you selling and recruiting, or by you spending 100 each month yourself. My God, they make you follow a script!

@Anonymous

I believe they must pay the above representatives to argue in their favor and I am not even a member. After reading both sides I will not be joining.

Irene Moore
Shopping Expert
As stated on itworks.com, the company provides the It Works! Distributor Agreement.

So, any user may thoroughly review the Distributor Agreement before signing it. It Works also provides the It Works! Loyal Customer Agreement on the company website. You may also find detailed information about loyal customer membership and loyal customer membership cancellation in the article 'It Works FAQs.

We Know How to Get a Refund from ItWorks.com'. You may share your experience with It Works customers as well as the company top management by posting your comments via the company social networks.

amen. well said

How do you quit being a distributor there? I can’t find out how

@Anonymous

I did not know what I was getting myself into. I wasn’t built for this kind of business.

Also, I have health issues so that takes most of my time. I also don’t feel like manipulating people into buying products that they probably won’t even like.

@Anonymous

You write a service ticket explaining you don’t want to be a distributor anymore

You obviously had a very dishonest and non-compliant upline. Lots of people, including myself, have had plenty of success with this business.

We never withhold information from customers, always give them the full terms of any agreement, and never lie or exaggerate any claims. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience but this is not a reflection of the company, but of whomever signed you up.

@Anonymous

Your answer I can appreciate. It was positive and respectful unlike the above ones, thank you.

CrowdedHippopotamus743
#1712001

When you signed up did you get the product included in the package??

RightfulWhale
#1711966

Let’s start off about the whole commission thing. You have to sell $150 dollars to be commission qualified or run an 80bv autoship which can range from 120-130.

This is true. BUT if you explain about the 90 day commitment and people agree to it then it’s called residual income which is when it auto ships you get your points. Then the next month you build off of that. Also the website does stay up if you don’t pay that 20 dollars BUT you lose your back office so you can’t see any of your progress or help the distributors you sign up.

Just like a job this job is work you are building a business. If you don’t work it, it’s not gonna get you much! I have never been taught to lie. You ALWAYS let the customer know about the 90 day commitment agreement and if the cancel before then yes they do pay 50 dollars.

Also you let them know if they don’t want to commit or pay the membership that they can buy stuff at retail cost which is more expensive. You also have to use the products for them to be able to work. You can’t just take a vitamin and within a few weeks just expect them to work. As for the cleanse I’m sorry it didn’t work for you but for a coworker of mine she lost 7lbs just in 2 days.

Sometimes our body’s don’t work with stuff well.

Just like with anything you try. That’s why you have options to manage your autoship so you can try other products in case one does not work for you.

EllipticalCuttlefish
#1720456
@RightfulWhale

I work for this company and I'm upfront with my customers ! Plus my distributors know to.i have plenty success with this company ..you have to work at it too make vit Successful.

I do not know if all the distributors act in bad faith with the consumers or only one that acted with me. Desperate to sell the product.

First I asked people for data such as my card security password and security code. How unreliable. She sent me a link so I bought the product, after making the purchase she told me that I was obliged to buy a product for 3 months if I canceled the purchase. I was obliged to pay 50 dollars.

She desperate to sell did not tell me the conditions of the discount.

I sent an email to the company and I am waiting for the positioning of it. I do not know if the company induces the sellers cheated the consumers or if it was only a person of bad character I will know after the positioning of the company

@Anonymous

The company is very, very against any and all sales like this. They encourage every distributor to explain the terms of any agreement.