22.8K views
1.1

I want to share my personal experience as an It Works distributor. I was with the company for about 6 months.

After listening to enough of their "success" stories I finally figured I'd give it a try as a side job for extra income. There's a fee of $99.00 to join. There are many things they don't tell you until after you have already joined. First, if you order products at their discount you will be automatically signed for for 3 months.

If you try to cancel you have to pay a $50 fee. They try to scam people into signing up without telling them the whole story. Then, unless you cancel your subscription after three months, you will continue to receive It Works products forever! Be sure to log in to your online account and cancel and remove all of your payment information or you will be charged for a long time.

Next, you basically have to pay money to earn money. Unless you sell $150 worth of products to customers EVERY month you will not receive your commission. You also have the option of paying $80 every month yourself in order to get commission. Your commission check could be $20.00 yet you would have to pay $80.00 to receive that...pretty ridiculous right?

The distributors teach you how to get others to join your team as a distributor or to get customers by basically lying to them. They tell you to never tell a customer that they are signing them up for three months! They just say you're getting a 40% discount but don't tell you the rest of the terms! If you do decide to sign up as a loyal customer make sure you do it yourself so you know your login information and read the terms and conditions.

If you don't and want to cancel before the three months are up you will be charged $50! Overall, I have spent over $500.00 on products and fees and have only earned $15.00 in 6 months! I earned more a day working a part time job when I was a teen. Next, they don't tell you there's a $20.00 fee every month for your website to work.

That's in addition to the $80.00 so you're commission qualified. Basically, you'll be paying more every month then you'll actually earn. Don't get fooled by their success stories, the more money someone has earned with this company actually means they lied that much better. They teach you to lie to get customers because that's the only way someone will join them.

Their products don't work either. I have tried 8 of their wraps and they have done absolutely nothing. I mean I would understand if one didn't work, but EIGHT? Come on.

Then I tried the cleanse which again did absolutely nothing at all. I tried the Hair,Skin, and Nails vitamins which did nothing to make my hair grow. I would have been better off buying the vitamins at Walmart for $10.00. All the products themselves are made in Mexico from really cheap ingredients.

You have to wonder if they're even safe to use since we all know the water in Mexico is unclean and very dangerous in most places. What are you really putting into your body?! It's kind of a scam that they don't have any reviews on their website don't you think? The only photos they use of their products actually working are ones they created themselves.

You have to ask yourself what kind of company really wouldn't allow their customers to post honest reviews of their products. The kind that just wants your money. Please really think about everything I just mentioned before you join this company as a customer or distributor. It's really unethical and misleading to it's customers and distributors.

If you're reading this, I believe you can find a much better job literally anywhere and make a better living in an honest way where you don't have to lie to people everyday.

Don't waste your time, the only people really succeeding in this company are the ones who know how to lie really well. I think you deserve better.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

It Works Cons: Deception.

Comments

How do you quit being a distributor there? I can’t find out how

to Anonymous #1717385

I did not know what I was getting myself into. I wasn’t built for this kind of business.

Also, I have health issues so that takes most of my time. I also don’t feel like manipulating people into buying products that they probably won’t even like.

You obviously had a very dishonest and non-compliant upline. Lots of people, including myself, have had plenty of success with this business.

We never withhold information from customers, always give them the full terms of any agreement, and never lie or exaggerate any claims. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience but this is not a reflection of the company, but of whomever signed you up.

CrowdedHippopotamus743
#1712001

When you signed up did you get the product included in the package??

RightfulWhale
#1711966

Let’s start off about the whole commission thing. You have to sell $150 dollars to be commission qualified or run an 80bv autoship which can range from 120-130.

This is true. BUT if you explain about the 90 day commitment and people agree to it then it’s called residual income which is when it auto ships you get your points. Then the next month you build off of that. Also the website does stay up if you don’t pay that 20 dollars BUT you lose your back office so you can’t see any of your progress or help the distributors you sign up.

Just like a job this job is work you are building a business. If you don’t work it, it’s not gonna get you much! I have never been taught to lie. You ALWAYS let the customer know about the 90 day commitment agreement and if the cancel before then yes they do pay 50 dollars.

Also you let them know if they don’t want to commit or pay the membership that they can buy stuff at retail cost which is more expensive. You also have to use the products for them to be able to work. You can’t just take a vitamin and within a few weeks just expect them to work. As for the cleanse I’m sorry it didn’t work for you but for a coworker of mine she lost 7lbs just in 2 days.

Sometimes our body’s don’t work with stuff well.

Just like with anything you try. That’s why you have options to manage your autoship so you can try other products in case one does not work for you.

I do not know if all the distributors act in bad faith with the consumers or only one that acted with me. Desperate to sell the product.

First I asked people for data such as my card security password and security code. How unreliable. She sent me a link so I bought the product, after making the purchase she told me that I was obliged to buy a product for 3 months if I canceled the purchase. I was obliged to pay 50 dollars.

She desperate to sell did not tell me the conditions of the discount.

I sent an email to the company and I am waiting for the positioning of it. I do not know if the company induces the sellers cheated the consumers or if it was only a person of bad character I will know after the positioning of the company

to Anonymous #1716041

The company is very, very against any and all sales like this. They encourage every distributor to explain the terms of any agreement.

I’ve heard first hand from a friend about this scam. It’s just like selling a Kirby vacuum.

So basically you’re getting screwed. Those of you saying that this person didn’t try hard enough indicates to me that you’re obviously from it works. My friend told me all about the scam this company is. She left because she figured it out.

Also the products do not work. End of story.

to Anonymous #1716042

I am a successful, honest It Works! Distributor.

This is a faith-based company and you are saying this company, of 18 years, is a scam?

When hundreds of thousands of people love and use their products for years and years? I think maybe before trying to defame a company you clearly know nothing about, maybe you should think twice.

I mean, I recently “quit”, not because I was BITTER that I wasn’t rich overnight or being petty about it. But most of what you said was a huge lie because I still have messages from the person who helped me sign up and she went over EVERYTHINGGGG, the $20 a month, the 3 month process (which we actually don’t have to do when we sign up as distributors), etc etc.

It’s not everyone else’s fault you weren’t committed or consistent. My reason for quitting was I just didn’t have enough time on my hands. But would I go back? Yes!

I got to help people and hear their stories back while making money! Maybe you should just put in a complain for the person who signed you up with prove messages instead of blaming a company as a whole.

Because your experience is waaay different than mine and I’m sure others. My “co-workers” or whatever you want to call it ARE great trainers and they never once lied to me about what I was getting in to.

to Anonymous #1696804

I am a distributor and I tell my customers everything. Especially the 90 days.

My uplines are pretty transparent and the results I have are my clients and mine as well. In any position, especially network marketing, it takes time, effort and flexibility. You were right to debunk the earlier review.

It works if you work it. Deception is not necessary

to Anonymous #1716427

I do the same thing if your not up front how can they trust you

Thank you!

It's not a "job", it'd a business. And building a business takes work.

It seems as if this person joined with a team that did not train well and was not clear on corporate policies. Everything is documented. There are no surprises if you simply read the terms and conditions when you sign the business agreement. The company (corporate/compliance) is very firm in having the distributors explain ALL customers terms when signing up the customer.

Anyone who doesn't is subject to penalty. Lying and omission are not recommended or tolerated.

similar to the pyramid scheme.... only the arseholes on the top benefit.... that's what one sees when one looks up ;-)

to Anonymous #1716043

LOL all companies are pyramids.

MulticoloredMonitorLizard

Well I am a it works distributor and it seems like you are pissed that you didn’t get rich overnight with it. Also as a distributor you can get in trouble if you don’t disclose the 90 days as a loyal customer sounds like you are with another MLM company trying to make it works look bad shame on you! And if u did in fact have a team telling you not to tell about 3 months that’s your fault for joining under a individual who clearly was out for themselves because I can tell you one thing the company doesn’t want it’s distributors to be snakes like that and lie.

WhisperingChinstrapPenguin849
to MulticoloredMonitorLizard #1679727

the company is COMPLETELY aware of SO MANY ILLEGAL THINGS and they brush it under the rug. Please do not be fooled with what you think of them.

Believe me when I tell you this, I made a LOT of money with It Works and I LOVED IT there, until I saw things I could no longer unsee. I started realizing how many people actually got to their ranks. If I sat with you for a week it still wouldn’t be long enough to really let you know all of the things that have gone on and continue to go on to this day over there. I can guarantee that 8 out of 10 top leaders got there illegally as far as MLM policies go, and It Works knows this and has turned a blind eye.

They continue to. Stop drinking the koolaid.

You’re ignorant

Join Atomy it’s free and the products are great!!! Email me for more info abirthdaycelebration@yahoo.com