Sicklerville, New Jersey
11K views
1.8

I signed up as a loyal customer with ItWorks in May. Had some great results with the products so I finally jumped on as a distributor. Big mistake.

The friend that sold it to me was very enthusiastic and was apparently, making good money. I'm not sure how true that was, but I bought into it. I was told there were distributors who didn't make any money for months, but now were "rockstars." So I was like, cool, can't wait to earn more money.

Unfortunately, three months later, I have hardly made any money, and I've devoted a significant amount of time to "empty promises," ridiculous "bonuses," and have spent an obscene amount of money just to be "commission qualified."

My friend harassed me about it for weeks, at the same time, my debit card had become compromised, and I had to shut it down and wait for a new one to arrive. she told me to go get a pre-paid card instead - Really? Why would I have done that? I told her, look you're just going to have to wait until I get my card in.

So, onto the sign up...

First, do not let any other distributor tell you that it's only $99 to sign up. It's not. It's $113.00 and your kit takes about 3 weeks to arrive. And, ItWorks miraculously runs out of their mini-defining gels that go with the business kit. They issue you a $20.00 product credit, which is laughable, because there's not one item under $20.00, except for their "fab wrap."

All you have in your kit is one box of wraps to try to sell to people for $25.00 each to make your profit back. On the outside looking in, I wouldn't spend that much on these things. Even if you sell all of them, you're still not making your investment back.

I did get 4 loyal customers within 30 days. Thought I was going to get my $100.00 fast start bonus. Never did. My four loyal customers ended up canceling on me after 45 days because they couldn't afford the products. Heartbreaker, but hey, you can't afford it, I'm not going to pressure you to buy.

Working another several weeks, I realized I couldn't even afford to do my own auto shipment to stay commission qualified.

I recently began to become weary of some of the distributor leaders in my group. Especially, after some of the other distributors in my group told all of us they lost 50 pounds in 4 months on these products. This made me scratch my head because some of them had disclosed a much longer and different time frame to others. In addition, they didn't look like they were in need of losing that much weight. However, when those Facebook "distributor" events come around, these girls put on a show and shorten their time frames. Even then, they are still telling people THEY DIDN'T DIET OR EXERCISE on these products. I did and I lost twice the amount of weight than I normally would have by just dieting and exercise alone. I just couldn't tell people not to diet or not to exercise. That's not me.

I considered myself a responsible distributor, telling people the wraps don't make you lose weight, not to overcrowd products all at one time, and to watch what you eat and exercise 3-5 times a week. However, I've got my "leaders" telling people they don't have to do that. Most of them are in need of exercise.

A couple of things you need to know incase they are "glorified" to you:

I found out the "wrap rewards" expire after a certain amount of time. Wrap rewards give you one box of wraps for $25.00 (normally they are $59.00). Yes, you still have to pay for "rewards."

I found out "Ruby" bonuses are payable over the course of several months - forget that $500 you thought you would see in one commission check… simply not true - read the fine print.

Don't let anyone tell you that if you run an $80 BV shipment, you'll be commission qualified. My "not commission qualified" status didn't disappear until AFTER I reached over $400.00 Mind you, $245 of this was from my own purchase. So that 80/150 BV/PBV is absolute ***. The ItWorks Commission Plan is so convoluted and barely understandable that you wouldn't figure this out, until I did above. You'd keep wondering WHY you weren't commission qualified after running an $80BV shipment.

The girls in your leadership circle can make you scratch your heard - I don't know about them, but I don't like working 24/7, 365 days a year, completely ignoring my family obligations or spending time with my husband, daughter and dog. I hear some of these stories of these women who are my leaders, who have flat out said, they have worked around the clock while their husbands take care of their children and they sit on their phone or computer all day and "Make Money." I can't operate like that. I have to talk to my husband and my daughter. My daughter alone always wants to play and I should be able to do that without the need for my phone in my hand.

Your leaders have their favorites, that is, those distributors making the most money, get the most attention. Pretty much anyone who was diamond and above got showcased on the Facebook events. I think one girl used my photo for losing 20 pounds in 4 months, but she wasn't really part of my upline. My actual diamond leader used her favorites for Facebook events.

The friend that signed me up has attended wrap parties of other distributors and has asked others to go to events. Not me. I have had to do my own thing since day 1. Which is okay, as I wasn't always a fan of a lot of what the distributors were telling me on how to sell the products. It's almost like they wanted you to be deceiving about them. Since I took the products, I knew better. I wasn't going to push something on someone that I had not tried.

Distributors are giving MEDICAL advice. People with real ailments were asking distributors if their products were safe for said ailment. I would never have said yes to anything. My immediate response was "please go check with your doctor as to whether or not you can take this." Especially moms that are breastfeeding, have thyroid issues, IBS, etc. I always encouraged potentials that if they had anything they believed might interfere with their condition, they needed to check the product over with their physician, and I always gave them the product ingredients and information for them to take. I'm a paralegal and I STILL don't give legal advice - even being in the game for 17 years!

The long and short of this post is that unless you are diamond and above, have significant sums of money to start, you're not going to make any money with this company - AT ALL. You're going to quickly realize you're spending way more than you're making. The photo I'm attaching proves it.

What ItWorks won't tell you is that a lot of their "billion dollar" profits are made from the distributors who are working to make their own commission. As stated above, distributors have to haul in $400 in sales per month, to stay commission qualified. You put in $400 of sales to get approximately $24.00 in commission. You have to put out SIGNIFICANT money of your own money to attend events (bridal shows, street fairs, etc.), buy products, etc. to "stay in the game." It's too much. But your "upline" doesn't care all that much. They are still getting paid.

And trying to get other distributors on board with you, forget it. You won't have much success with that either. Again, unless the have significant sums of money to advance into their "business", they'll end up in the same boat as you.

Now, I like the products. I probably should have remained just a loyal customer, but I thought I could get people on board because I felt good and was looking good and I wanted others to feel the same way. Ah well, lesson learned. I'd be very curious about the turnover rate of this company. They won't show you that. They won't show you what amount of money distributors have had to put forth over the course of months or years to be where they are at. I can't afford to put thousands of dollars into something that's making me a profit of $24.00. I don't have that kind of rich lifestyle.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I would like the $113.37 back from the purchase of the business kit. .

It Works Pros: Stretchmark, Greens, Thermofit, Defining gel, Cleanser.

It Works Cons: New you, False new distributor tactics, Lying to loyal customers, Telling people not to diet or exercise.

Comments

how do we get out of it works

I will like to know how can you get out from this.

I am an It Works Distributor and not everyone puts in the work to gain the points that you need. You only get paid commission if you get loyal customers.

Also getting distributor underneath you is such a big deal in getting good pay.

Also don’t think I’m saying this to talk down on you because I promise I’m not! give it another shot but you don’t have to spend so much money yourself..let other people get you those points

I Signed up AS a member with a friend a few months ago and want to cancel my account!!

@Anonymous

Get ready to pay a $50 cancelation fee. I was never told this was a three month automatic withdrawal and shipment, although they say they did, I never sign up for long term automatic withdrawal I would want to see if product worked,

@Anonymous

me too! i signed up today and then read this and no one will tell me how to do it

I signed up with a friend and now I want to Canceled but don’t know how. Can you help me?

I’m realizing it’s a scam and appreciate her honesty. Was told I’d get a $1000 bonus and now it’s been changed to a bracelet. WTF?

#1720007
@Anonymous

I signed up as a distrubter about a month ago! I paid over $99 dollars to start, well it should have been less than that as i live in the UK!

When my welcome pack finally came, i was taken aback at how small it was, and how little i got for what i paied for. I got 7 sachets of greens, 7collegen works, 7, keto coffees, 7 keto energy and 1 wrap! It might seem a lot but it's worth about £60 if not less! But i think the main one was there was no manual or explaination on how this works!

My team didn't make this clear to me either. I was frustrated and at a loss for quite some time. I didn't know about the website fee until i got an invoice for it and asked my team what it was, luckily i cancelled in time! I was also told when i signed up that if i didn't make £3000 in a month then the company would make the difference...i think that's a load of rubbish.

However, not intending to be all negative, i loved the products, especially the greens! and i am sensitive to caffine so the keto coffee wasn't an option haha! and the keto energy was excellent! I loved the ingredients and the quality of the ingredients!

But i woulden't be a distributer. I'm sure many have had success stories and love working for the company, but it's not my cup of tea.

I also dislike thier selling style, i hated having to bombard my friends with messages asking to make deals and sell products. I'm a "if someone wants it they'll come to you" kind of person.

QuixoticBirdsOfParadise683

How do you cancel being a distributor I can’t find anything on esuite about it! I am the same, I did it because my hubby and I were in a tough spot and I thought it would help because my upline is living high and mighty so it seems and then here I am making diddle squat and putting more money in then what I’m making! It’s frustrating but I guess you live and learn!

I completely agree. When I became a distributor while being a college student, I told the person who enrolled me that I wanted out of the business after a few months.

She told me I need to learn how to manage my time, which I know how to do and my GPA proves that. She also wanted me to basically lie to consumers saying I like a certain product that I haven’t even tried yet!

So many things about this are wrong. I guess that’s why this business isn’t for everyone!

Not everyone understands how network marketing works, even though people do it every single day on their social media. But you join this and act like it’s so much different except you get paid to do what you already did. You don’t have to pay a dime unless you CHOOSE to! Except for your kit of course, but name a legit business that you can start for free?!?!

Even working at McDonald’s costs money! You pay for shoes, gas, clothes, daycare, food, etc just to GO to work! And what are you left with? You don’t need to work all day long either!

I’m a stay at home mom of 3 and spend plenty of time with my family and make money! Once you understand that a business takes time and how blessed you were to pay that amount to get your kit, then you might be ready for something like this. Don’t tell them it doesn’t work, tell them you QUIT! It does work, but you can’t quit before even truly giving it a shot and making a post like this because you thought you’d get rich in a month.

Do your research and get some REAL knowledge about this company.

You think we would be in Forbes magazine as a top work from home business if it didn’t work? We have plenty of credibility and plenty of incredible stories!

@HWC

Very true!! I agree with everything you said :)

@HWC

Amen to this!!

I'm having the same issues, mine is with customer service not responding until I absolutely blasted them on an instagram post from HQ about it. Suddenly I get answers to 3 problem tickets within 24 hours - the three responses all arriving in the same hour.

I am wondering how to get ahold of someone with this company? My distributor lies and doesn’t get back to me.

I want out and I refuse to pay anyo her and she blocked me Ugh! Help!

Honestly I JUST signed up not even 24 hours ago and am not happy. I have been debating doing this for about a year and a half or so and finally decided to do it.

As soon as i got signed up and got my starter kit ordered since its the start for $20 deal i thought it was such a good deal the girl who brought me on her team hasn't been responding to my messages or questions. I was trying to get my direct deposit set up and couldn't so i was trying to get her to help me and no response. Then i was digging around on my account/website and found the auto shipment *** which had me signed up for an auto shipment next month for $164.00!! so since my BOSS was ignoring me i had to watch youtube videos on it and i couldn't even click edit to change the amount i was going to be getting I had to just cancel it.

But when i clicked view i could sure view my shipment and everything i was getting. made no sense. Now i want to cancel but am scared there is a fee for canceling?? I just want to wait to get my $100 kit for $20 bucks and cancel.

I wish they were more upfront and honest with what you have to do, $20 a month just to keep your website and you have to have auto shipments on hand ready for each month.

PLUS i don't even have any customers yet which she is supposed to help me with and i can't technically sell the products until i get them and try them anyways. not cool they make it seem way easier and not as big of a hassle then it really is.

@Anonymous

You don’t start your own business to have a boss! You don’t need anyone to be successful in this. YouTube can take you to the top

@Anonymous

That’s sucks that the person that signed up stopped messaging you! I signed up to make extra income and to be my own boss and I am learning on becoming a good leader.

My leaders have been upfront with us and tell it how it is.

I’ve learned a lot from YouTube aswell. Don’t let it discourage you!

I definitely agree. I have wasted a good 700$ on products no one is buying.

And no one is signing up under me. I have been in for almost a year and I canceled today. I have tried and tried and tried and tried. No one is buying or signing up.

I have had made only 75$ In close to 8 months. And it's not worth it anymore.