Update added by user Sep 28, 2016
My not-so-glam bag arrived. The brush retails for less than $3. The only makeup is a comically small mascara & a mini highlighter stick.
Update added by user Sep 28, 2016
I heard back from Ipsy.They will not refund & promise my bag will be here by the end of the first week of October or they will reship it.
Yeah, that solves nothing.
They also feel they did an excellent job matching the products to me based on my preferences, but I don't recall choosing eye treatments as they said- I can't check because all of that was erased as soon as I canceled.They did provide me with the Fed Ex shipping link, which I already had but might be good for others who cancel to know.
Original review posted by user Sep 27, 2016
You sign up and WHAM! Placed on a waitlist that forces you to spam people to get off of. This is AFTER you've given Ipsy your credit card/payment info.
There is NO customer service line, nor refunds. Emails are automated & do not address your issue. Facebook page comments are answered by 2 women, who I suspect are employees, in an incredibly rude manner. Tweets are ignored.
They are quick to snag your money on the first of the month, but ship slowly. Shipping is done in three batches, starting mid month. You may not get your bag for the month in THAT month, or at all. Shipping estimates & actual shipping dates will change a dozen times, always pushing further & further back. My September bag, which no longer shows in my purchases, won't arrive until October. Cheap items from China (like from Wish) ship more quickly & efficiently.
You WILL get to "peek" at your bag before it arrives, to see that Ipsy completely ignored your beauty profile. I subscribed because I thought it would be a fun way to explore new makeup. I was wrong. My bag, which never arrived, had mascara in it- mascara that has horrible feedback at that. Everyone already owns mascara, that's not exciting. Other items were a highlighter, a very cheap shadow brush, gel eye mask things, and a sample of facial scrub.
If you cancel your subscription before your bag arrives make sure to write down all the tracking info on FedEx's page, because Ipsy erases it, despite the fact it is outstanding & you had purchased it- it's not in your history- SCREENSHOT that! That is, if you successfully unsubscribe. You choose to cancel & they will ask you why- but you're only allowed to choose 2 options. Below that there is a HUGE, HOT PINK "cancel" button. Below that, in small, very light colored font, is the option to unsubscribe. This appears like this twice. Clearly meant to mislead you so that you remain subscribed/paying. Once you figure that out you will get an email to confirm. You MUST hit the link within to finish the process. I highly recommend that you SAVE the confirmation email you will receive shortly after!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No customer service
- Product never arrived
- Slow shipping time
- No refund policy
- Aggressive advertisement in form of forced spam
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This company is only selling the led light. That's the only thing that works. The gel polish-(total rubbish). The minute I applied it, it ran down my fingers. At first..."
- "I watched several different videos of people that I actually knew using this product. I was excited that it might actually work the way they showed since these were..."
- "DO NOT ORDER FROM FINGERCOMBER.COM!!! They are a HORRIBLE company who will rob you blind and send you ***!! I purchased 3 units totaling $200 from them through PayPal. I..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "Too expensive for the crappy home. I've only lived here 6 months. I was under the impression that there was a previous tenant is what they said. When I looked..."
- "The 1st package made it to Medford OR where I live, from Carlsbad, CA in like 3 days. Then rather than deliver they sent it to Austin, TX where it..."
- "Oredered two sofas on 12/08/10 not sent. Add said available and ready for shipping. False advertising.The first guy I chatted with out and out lied and said it was going..."
- "I suddenly started getting "Welcome to Cloudflare!" emails, on my husbands e-address. I set up his e-mail years ago hoping he could become more tech-savvy...he hasn't. Also, he hasn't EVER..."