Update added by user Oct 22, 2011
The company has contacted me and provided a full refund for the service time that I was not able to use. They also updated their website to clarify their usage policy. Thus, I hereby retract my complaint for this company.
Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2011
AVOID IPHONETRIP.COM! I rented an "unlimited" SIM card from them for a 10-week trip overseas. I used their service in 13 countries and it did work fairly well, although some countries it was extremely slow and did not reach anywhere near the advertised speeds.
However, on about the eighth week of my trip, I received an email from iPhonetrip saying that my account would be shut down immediately because I had exceeded my "weekly data limit." They claimed that I had downloaded 8GB of data in one day! First of all, that is impossible with the slow speeds that I was experiencing. Second of all, my iPad showed that I had only used 4GB of data for the ENTIRE 8 WEEKS.
However, they would not listen to any of this and refused to re-enable my account.
Remember, on top of all of this, that the website said that I was renting an "unlimited SIM card" and made no mention of a weekly data limit.
At this point, my final month of service was just beginning, so I replied to iPhonetrip and asked them to cancel my account and refund the final month of service. However, they refused to give me a full refund and, after much haggling, finally agreed to give me a partial refund.
It is clear that this is a shady, dishonest company based overseas. I plan on avoiding their service at all costs and advise you to do the same.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sim Card
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Yesterday I tried logging into my account on Listia. I sent them a email asking if they could help me out. They sent me a email saying my account was..."
- "I had my book published with Xlibris - a subsidiary of Author Solutions. $4000 for the full package: i did editing (the girl had rewritten my book! apart from not..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year of 2015, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with..."
- "Ich habe das Kleid genau in der Farbekombination wie die dargestellte Abbildung bei teamomode.com bestellt.. Ich finde es super, die Farbekombination ist klasse und die Qualität ist genial. Suuuuuper schön!..."
- "How do i leave a review for an item i ordered? Got an email that said i will receive 20 points for leaving a review, but i have no..."
- "I am not willing to order a self balancing scooter from online store, because i don't trust the quality. I think it is common to order a small gadgets online..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."