Update added by user Oct 22, 2011
The company has contacted me and provided a full refund for the service time that I was not able to use. They also updated their website to clarify their usage policy. Thus, I hereby retract my complaint for this company.
Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2011
AVOID IPHONETRIP.COM! I rented an "unlimited" SIM card from them for a 10-week trip overseas. I used their service in 13 countries and it did work fairly well, although some countries it was extremely slow and did not reach anywhere near the advertised speeds.
However, on about the eighth week of my trip, I received an email from iPhonetrip saying that my account would be shut down immediately because I had exceeded my "weekly data limit." They claimed that I had downloaded 8GB of data in one day! First of all, that is impossible with the slow speeds that I was experiencing. Second of all, my iPad showed that I had only used 4GB of data for the ENTIRE 8 WEEKS.
However, they would not listen to any of this and refused to re-enable my account.
Remember, on top of all of this, that the website said that I was renting an "unlimited SIM card" and made no mention of a weekly data limit.
At this point, my final month of service was just beginning, so I replied to iPhonetrip and asked them to cancel my account and refund the final month of service. However, they refused to give me a full refund and, after much haggling, finally agreed to give me a partial refund.
It is clear that this is a shady, dishonest company based overseas. I plan on avoiding their service at all costs and advise you to do the same.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sim Card
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Yesterday I tried logging into my account on Listia. I sent them a email asking if they could help me out. They sent me a email saying my account was..."
- "When one thought the content on Thai Visa couldn't get any more bigoted and racist, it appears now in addition to the normal Thai bashing by the old white men..."
- "Received regular postal mail today, 08/14/2013. Letter dated: August 10, 2013. Return address for this mailing: AT&T Autopay Program ..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "After having had experienced a few addiction and mental health related problems with my adolescent son, I did a good amount of research on teen & adolescent addiction treatment centers,..."
- "Yes, I've the same experience now. I bought 2 pairs of Rockport of the same model, Women's truWALKzero II T-Toe model, one for me, one for my Mom on Oct..."
- "After having a number of bad experiences at Newport Academy, we ended up pulling our son out of here and promptly sent him to another teen rehab center in Los..."