Orange, California

Update by user Oct 22, 2011

Update 10-22-11

The company has contacted me and provided a full refund for the service time that I was not able to use. They also updated their website to clarify their usage policy. Thus, I hereby retract my complaint for this company.

Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2011

AVOID IPHONETRIP.COM! I rented an "unlimited" SIM card from them for a 10-week trip overseas. I used their service in 13 countries and it did work fairly well, although some countries it was extremely slow and did not reach anywhere near the advertised speeds.

However, on about the eighth week of my trip, I received an email from iPhonetrip saying that my account would be shut down immediately because I had exceeded my "weekly data limit." They claimed that I had downloaded 8GB of data in one day! First of all, that is impossible with the slow speeds that I was experiencing. Second of all, my iPad showed that I had only used 4GB of data for the ENTIRE 8 WEEKS.

However, they would not listen to any of this and refused to re-enable my account.

Remember, on top of all of this, that the website said that I was renting an "unlimited SIM card" and made no mention of a weekly data limit.

At this point, my final month of service was just beginning, so I replied to iPhonetrip and asked them to cancel my account and refund the final month of service. However, they refused to give me a full refund and, after much haggling, finally agreed to give me a partial refund.

It is clear that this is a shady, dishonest company based overseas. I plan on avoiding their service at all costs and advise you to do the same.

Sincerely,

Keith Gilbert

Review about: Sim Card.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with iPhoneTrip?

Submit review