Houston, Texas

Update by user May 20, 2016

This was so much hype for the money and false assurances.My bottom teeth were crammed.

I am at the end of my treatment plan and 2 bottom teeth remain tucked behind each other, how does this happen on a 5K investment.This stinks and it stinks bad for me 1st person!!

Original review posted by user May 19, 2016

I sought out correction for bottom 5 teeth that were very crooked.My DDS advised Invisalign was the corrective action.

Related: Invisalign Clear Aligners Review

I saw him this week May 2016 and he advised my "plan" is over no more trays. I asked in almost panic, "no more trays" my bottom two teeth are still crooked, one tooth is tucked behind the other tooth! I am very upset, feel the DDS is not a strong dentist to have undergone this under his care. I am furious, my husband is livid we spent 5K on investment and my teeth are unsatisfactory.

When he sliced through my bottom teeth, he shaved to much away. He actually curved a tooth with the tool he used. Anyone heard of "curved" teeth?

Real nice, horrible experience.

I liked: Cosmetic appearance.

I didn't like: False assurances, Way too expensive for no added value, Downsides relative to braces underplayed, No patient advocacy, Not at all invisible, Malocclusion result.

1.6
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Invisalign Clear Aligners
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $5000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Invisalign?

Comments

Seasoned Dentist
Topeka, Kansas, United States #1275778

To straighten teeth you must create space.To create space in adults you must either shave down space or extract teeth.

Often extacting one lower incisor and straightening the rest is a better idea than shaving them all down like happened in your mouth.

Invisalign is too expensive.

Straightening teeth is much more complicated than patients think.Another problem is many dentists using Invisalign are inadequately trained by merely taking a weekend course.