Albemarle, North Carolina
100% full Not resolved

Purchased the Ultra frame after reading good reviews on Amazon (purchased directly from Intex).We went above and beyond w/ preparing the site b/c we planned to build a deck around the pool.

We graded, compacted, added stone for extra ground strength, added sand and installed drains so the area would be become excessively wet. We installed the pool and confirm it was level and supported extremely well. Next we added a concrete wall and decking. Pool was satisfactorily until 7/16/16.

I came home that evening and saw 1 side was sagging. 5 of the metal supports had BENT around the concrete support (concrete blocks were used as shown by the Intex installation video). I was horrified at the condition of these metal supports. If my daughter had been swimming while these supports were degrading the pool would have collapsed and she would have been swept out forcefully right into the concrete block wall.

This isn't just a complaint about a defective part; what you provided us with is a dangerous product. I do not want replacement supports; i cannot trust that the new supports would perform any better. I have pictures to support a superior installation and all the bent supports. I did a researched prior to buying this pool and had not come across a complaint of this nature.

I can’t stress how dangerous this is and how lucky we are that this pool did not cause serious bodily harm as well as property damage.

Review about: Intex Ultra Frame 32 X 16.

I didn't like: Customer service completely unhelpful.

1.3
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $2000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Intex Recreation?

Comments

Edgware, Barnet, United Kingdom #1195241

The block you have used doesn't look wide enough to support the whole width of the leg so it has buckled (probably from someone standing on the top frame) and didn't have anything under it to fully support it, which made it bend either side of the block.