1.7

My six-year Interstate battery went out at 39 months. On 1/18/19, I found out that a tire company on El Paso's west side handled Interstate batteries, but they didn't want to honor the warranty "because it would mess up their inventory" and asked that we take it to the Interstate Battery Store at 9515 Gateway Blvd West in El Paso, Texas.

The Interstate Battery store is 20 miles from my house so I called them first to see what my "out of pocket" cost would be to get a new battery. They told me $102.00. They then told me that there was a process they had to go through. They would have to keep the battery for 48 hours to run their test to see if it was defective in order to honor the warranty.

(Pep Boys had already tested the battery on their machine and verified that it was defective and needed replaced. This took about 15 minutes.) So this store wanted me make two round trips to their store (80 miles), plus wait 48 hours to decide if they would honor the warranty!

I drove a short distance away to Sam's Club and bought a 3-year battery for about $124.00 with same cranking amps and a "no questions asked" warranty.

If you're time is worth anything, I recommend buying ANY battery except an Interstate Battery. Worst Warranty service ever experienced!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Interstate Batteries Car Battery.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Interstate Battery Warranty