1.6
Turnaround Time

The brand new 2019 Keystone travel trailer I purchased last year came with a brand new "Interstate" deep cycle "house" battery. The battery is supposed to have a one-year warranty.

6 months in, the battery doesn't hold a charge. I had to buy a new deep cycle battery during a two week trip.

Upon returning home, I returned the battery to the RV dealer where I purchased the trailer...also an "Interstate" battery dealer. They have had the battery for 5 days now and still can't tell me if it's good or bad.

I emailed Interstate Corporate Headquarters through their website. Response said to call an "Interstate Battery Distributor", and gave me a phone number. Said they could answer ALL my questions. I called the "Distributor", and they are 170 miles away. The "Distributor" said he couldn't answer any of my questions because he didn't have the battery in front of him.

I contacted Interstate Corporate again, and they said that's the best they can do, then they contacted the RV dealer. Then they reported to me on the phone that the RV dealer had to test the battery and that I needed to be "patient". The RV dealer has already had the battery 5 days. I have not heard of a battery test that takes 5 days.

Going on six days in with no resolution on the battery. I will never buy or use an Interstate Battery again. Their warranty is worthless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Interstate Batteries Srm-24 Marine Battery.

I didn't like: Battery failed prior to warranty period and warranty not honored.

• Interstate Battery Warranty