I bought a 5-Year Interstate battery for my 1998 Toyota Camry in 2014, which had a 2 year full replacement guarantee warranty ran out. It went bad after 25 months, 1 month after the warranty ran out.

I took it to the Interstate battery store here in Savannah and they told me they would give me 45% of the value of my dead battery towards a new battery (even though I should have had 3 years left on it). So I paid them $75 for a new battery (even though I had just bought that battery for $150+ 2 years prior). Flash forward to today...when my Interstate battery died AGAIN. It is now 2 years and 1 month since I got my 5 year replacement battery from them, which also carried a 2 year warranty again.

Once more, it lasted 2 years and 1 month, just a month past the time that I would have been eligible for a free replacement. When I took it in today, I was told they will give me credit towards buying a new battery, but charged me $79 again, to replace a battery that was supposed to last 5 years, but only lasted 2. I felt like the movie Groundhog Day where the guy keeps repeating the same day over and over again. Buying another Interstate battery is CRAZY at this point, but they obviously have a system going here where they make batteries that literally die on you right after the warranty runs out, then they offer you credit towards buying another one of their overpriced batteries, or walking away with nothing.

Mark my words...in September of 2020, this new 5 year battery they put in today and charged me $78.83 for is going to die after only 2 years, but just after the warranty runs out. As they say, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. NEVER get in this crazy system with Interstate. Steer clear of these batteries.

I don't trust this company AT ALL. I just read on here that someone else had the same problem where their battery died 1 month after the free replacement warranty ran out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Interstate Batteries Battery.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: 5 year battery died after 2 years.

Comments

Same here, 30mo free replacement my *** you can’t keep charging a battery that flags for high resistance. Been through 2 expensive alternators and a nice tow bill due to their batteries

Battery last only for 2 years. So true that is a scam.