International Risk Control - Failer to make Payment

ericolom@hotmail.com

Contact: Eric Ramirez (713) 592-2482

Thursday, May 24, 2012

ATTN:

Texas Department of Insurance - Evon Benoit & Dee Howard (DOC ID: 970906)

Texas Comptrollers of Public Accounts – Janette Manges

Judge Louie Ditta – Alene Farrar

Constable Sandlin – Deputy Mike Humphreys (Case # SC82C0029977)

National Association of Public Adjuster – David Barrack

Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjuster – Nancy Dominguez

International Risk Control (IRC) – Barry McGonigal

Voss Law Firm – Scott Huntziker

Janian Law & Associates – Hugo Ramirez

Good Afternoon,

After delays, receiving partial documentations requested and IRC withholding payment since (09/14/11), LA and IRC has came to a final settlement agreement and LA has released all judgments against IRC and is satisfied with the outcome of this lawsuit.

LA would like to thank all parties listed above for their assistance which made a big impact on the outcome of this lawsuit. We encourage IRC to continue practicing Public Insurance Adjusters code of ethics as LA has done thought this lawsuit.

Attached is the Release of Judgment between Las Acacias, Inc. (LA) vs. International Risk Control (IRC).

Note that all parties will be properly announced within 7 business day of this letter.

Once again, thank you for all your support,

Eric Ramirez - GMB, IA, PIAT

Graduate Master Builder, Independent Adjuster, Public Insurance Adjuster Trainee

Update added by user Feb 10, 2012

UPDATE !!!

Since International Risk Control (IRC) failed to communicate on several occasions especially during the estimating phase of the project, ever leaving to Joplin, MO, a certified Grievance Letter was submitted to IRC on November 28th 2011. The lack of communication forced me to find assistance through the Texas Department of Insurance (Consumer Protection) and Public Adjusters associations and other resources to gain an updated status.

On January 5th of 2012, I filed a complaint with the Florida Association of Public Adjusting. On January 11th 2012, I also filed with the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA). On January 20th 2012 I received a letter from the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) stating that they received a letter dated on January 12th 2010 from IRC testifying that the client has not paid him as of January 12th; therefore, they cannot act as a court of law to determine disputed agreements between adjusters.

On December 28th 2011 a lawsuit was filed, but IRC avoided the served documents so the case went into default. As a result, they failed to appear in court which brought forth a judgment of the amount of $6,163.56 plus court costs.

During this time, I was conducting research with their complaints filed with TDI (Consumer Protection) and the result were (5) in 2009, (1) in 2010 and (3) in 2011 – (512) 305-7621. I also followed-up with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts office and as of September 30th, 2010 they have NOT been in GOOD STANDING.

On February 9th I received a email from IRC stating that the claims is still open and they will keep me informed and when the claim settles.

A simple corresponded letter dated 10 days from the Grievance Letter sent on November 28th 2011 could have avoided both reputations and licenses.

Remember you can take this further by reporting to the IRS and more if needed, but this is where I stay since they are cooperating now, with no complaints and now I’m looking forward on moving on with my career.

I wanted to thank all association and the Texas Department of Insurance (Consumer Protection) for assisting me on finding a resolution with International Risk Control, LLC.

Update added by user Jan 05, 2012

International Risk Control, LLC - Barry McGonigal

21502 San Luis Pass 2511B Nasa RD.1-102A

Galveston, TX 77554 Seabrook,TX 77586

DARRIN NIXON SNUGGS (TDI#1698630)

CHRISTOPHER RICHARD BRANDEN ( 1599433)

DOMINICK JAMES CLAUS ( 1568648)

After being hired as an Estimator for 2 projects, International Risk Control failed to make payment & has conducted unfair practices by withholding payment, misleading and practices in bad faith.

Consumer Protection - Texas Department of Insurance who has now closed this file after making 3 attempt and has moved the file to the Enforcement division with a possibility of DENIAL, SUSPENSION, OR REVOCATION OF LICENSE (Sec. 4102.201).

Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2012

International Risk Control - Barry McGonigal

21502 San Luis Pass 2511B Nasa RD.1-102A

Galveston, TX 77554 Seabrook,TX 77586

DARRIN NIXON SNUGGS (TDI#1698630)

CHRISTOPHER RICHARD BRANDEN ( 1599433)

DOMINICK JAMES CLAUS ( 1568648)

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 International Risk Control reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
ericolom

Apr 06, 2014 #802679 Houston, Texas, United States

UPDATE!!! International Risk Control: Employee (Baz) response on Ripoff Report .
“This sub contractor settled his fraudulent charges for a fraction of his original claim. please consider this matter closed.”
____________________________________________________________________
www.ripoffreport.com
"International Risk Control - CORRECTION"
AUTHOR: Eric Ramirez - () SUBMITTED: Saturday, April 05, 2014 Hello International Risk Control representative, I strongly recommend that International Risk Control representative gather their facts before publicly announcing or publishing statements that are not true. By stating that I/sub-contractor or Public Insurance Adjuster is “fraudulent” may ruin my reputation and will be considered as a “Defamation of Character, libel or slander”. As viewers can see, International Risk Control has not produced good harvest with their employees. We can explore: “On January 20th 2012 I received a letter from the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) stating that they received a letter post dated on January 12th 2012 from IRC testifying that the client has not paid him as of January 12th; therefore, they cannot act as a court of law to determine disputed agreements between adjusters”, now I have “PROOF” of a check posted dated September 20th, 2011 in the amount of $9,500 which will indicate that International Risk Control lied to the Texas Department of Insurance and did receive a check prior to their statement. In addition, if this was
... Show more

Eric Ramirez

Apr 06, 2014 #802673 Houston, Texas, United States

UPDATE!!! International Risk Control: Employee (Baz) responded on Ripoff Report.com
____________________________________________________________________
www.RipoffReport.com
"International Risk Control - CORRECTION"
... Show more

So Carolina & Florida

Oct 29, 2012 #561440

Barry McGonigal has ropped off many adjustors working for him in So Carolina & Florida also.
Some sued, others could not as shown above.
He has also allegedly ripped off close friends and family.
In my opinion, he is a Sociopath.

Teresa D.H. Dye

Jun 14, 2012 #495920

I am the widow of David G. Dye, IRC owed him at the time of his death in March 2011 around $80,000.00. Mr McGonigal will not answer any of my request asking if any or all the claims my late husband worked on have ever been settled. i know the LaPorte Independent School District claim was somewhere around $15,000,000.00. IRC also owes my daughter around $12,000.00 for work on hurricane claims. I wish to make no personal attacks on Mr. McGonigal only on his business practices which are most unethical. He never cared whether he paid his so called sub contractors a dime as long as they stayed in TX and worked on his projects, he did however pay for their lodging but not for food or gasoline . He did cheat me of time I could have spent with my husband as David was afraid if he left he would never get paid what he or others he had brought on the projects were entitled to. Teresa Dye

Brad Williams

Jan 18, 2012 #411698

Mostly email after email... no answer. Phone call after phone call... no answer. To be honest I had pretty much thrown up my hands because I live in TN and simply cant afford to travel back and forth to Houston. It sickens me that I worked hard for this guy and got stiffed. I dont know if you know David Dye but he was my father in law and brought me into the business. He has since passed and left his widow writing letters, making phone calls and, like me, unsure what the next move should be. Everytime I sit down and start researching my next move I get VERY angry and eventually walk away because it affects my mood for days which affects my family and my marriage. I would like to speak with you. Drop me an email and I will give you my number. bradwilliamsmusic@yahoo.com
I was told by many people that if I sued he could just file bankrupcy and then no one would get any money. Now that I see someone else is moving forward I am going to as well. Pile it on this guy... he deserves everything that he gets. HE IS A FRAUD and a LIAR!

Eric Ramirez

Jan 11, 2012 #407531

Hello Brad,

I was very sad to see his crew (names listed above) are the same other than DOMINICK for his honesty.

At the moment, I have filed a complaint report with Texas Department of Insurance, Florida Association of Public Adjusting, National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters(NAPIA), Pissed Consumer.com, and soon Ripoff Report.com, BBB, and any other organization that I can find to help the consumers to be aware of International Risk Control and their team. I have filed a lawsuit against the company as of this year which is going to take another 3 months to have a court date.

May I ask you what have you done so far to get what you are entitled too?

Brad Williams

Jan 11, 2012 #407272

He owes me upwards of 30,000.

SpeakTruth

Jan 11, 2012 #407073

Eric - it appears from the letter you posted from the Texas Department of Insurance regarding International Risk Control et al Barry McGonigal that their investigation has not closed the file and that since the complaint was inadvertantly filed in duplicate, one of the claim numbers is closed but claim number with DOC ID 970906 is STILL OPEN

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about International Risk Control.
Filing a new complaint about
×