I booked a hotel with www.IHG.com and I had to cancel my booking. Before I did the cancellation, the policy stated that if the booking was canceled before 19 JULY, 2013 there will be no charge. I did my cancellation, but the funny thing happened. After pressing the cancellation button, the next page shows "Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non-refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. PC Points do not apply. Must present voucher at check-in." This is totally unacceptable so I emailed them.

20 days passed by since I emailed them on 21 May before I get the reply. The guy that replied mentioned that I booked the room with the "restricted rate type" and I will not be refunded. This has totally pissed me off. I will have to pay for the room I will not be staying in although I made the cancellation 2 months before the booked date. Moreever, the policy that I agreed to before pressing the "cancel this reservation" button states clearly that if I canceled this booking "BEFORE 6.00 PM (LOCAL HOTEL TIME) ON FRIDAY, 19 JULY, 2013 WILL RESULT IN NO CHARGE."

IHG you should really change the way you do your business. I'm awfully pissed and I will never ever book with you again. I will make sure that anyone I know will look for other non-IHG hotel. The price for the booking isn't that much, but the awful feeling I had is simply unforgettable.

Review about: Online Booking Website.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Intercontinental Hotels Group?

Comments

Traveler
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #728494

I hope you really followed through with taking legal action.We all should, as their practice is totally deceptive.

We booked a room with the usual cancel by 6:00 on XX date and there will be no charge. About an hour after we made the online reservation and got the confirmation containing the refundable cancellation clause, we got another email from IHG reservations titled "we've updated your reservation" saying "Thanks for contacting us about your reservation. We've made the changes you requested and we're looking forward to your stay". Well guess what the "changes to your reservation" were that we supposedly requested?

They changed it to a NON-refundable reservation. Really. I called and requested that they change our reservation from refundable to non refundable? That does not even make sense to the biggest *** crawling.

THREE hours on the phone with "customer service" and suffice to say I was a long time (years) Rewards customer and was just fine until the day came that I had a problem and I found out just how lousy and useless the customer service is at IHG and how outright deceptive IHG is.

Another one bites the dust.I would sleep in the street before I gave another penny to IHG.

dd
Madison, Tennessee, United States #679601

THEY *** SUCK! PLATINUM MEMBER AND THEY REFUSED TO CANCEL MY RESERVATION 2DAYS OUT AND STOLE MY 100K IN POINTS PLUS CHARGED ME $500+ I WILL SEE YOUR *** IN COURT. MARRIOTT NEVR TREATS FOLKS THIS WAY, AND HAS CLEAN HOTELS UNLIKE YOUR FLEA BAG BRANDS!