Verified Reviewer

2.5

Insulet manufacturers devices that attach to your body and dispense insulin into your system. Type 1 Diabetics use this type of device to control their blood sugar.

The device has a controller called a PDM.

The PDM that I was using would not recharge so they told me they would replace.

I was told I would receive next day 3 days later I received one of their Omnipods in the mail. When I called to find out what went wrong I was told I could wait 18 minutes or someone would call me back as soon as possible. I chose to have someone call me back. 20 minutes later I received a call and the person told me they needed to transfer me to the return and exchange department.

They transferred my call to a voicemail that told me I could wait 90 minutes or someone would call me back when available. I chose to have someone call me back.

I finally received a call and that person told me I had the wrong department and was transferring me to another department.

I refused and said I needed to speak to a supervisor.

After waiting another 20 minutes, a supervisor contacted me and apologized for all the inconveniences and said the unit would arrive the next day.

This company has grown way too fast and has not been able to keep up with the proper Customer Service. Very disappointing as these are medical devices that people depend on to stay alive!!!

User's recommendation: Do extensive research on any medical device you are told to use. Make sure the company is operating smoothly and is dependable!

Insulet Corporation Pros: Great product for type 1 diabetics.

Insulet Corporation Cons: Customer service department is not reliable.

Location: New Albany, Indiana