I too applied for a position here even though I was a bit skeptical about the position. They had me pretty fooled with their slick-looking website.
When I went into the office in Sarasota, they had a sign on their office wall that said 'Sharper Advertising.' That was the first sign that something was up. the second was the 'employees' walking around in their cheap Men's Warehouse Suits pretending to be closing business on their cell phones. It was all for show.
Thirdly, they email you and state that they want to make sure you 'dress professionally' for your interview. Does anyone really need to be told that when they go on an interview? I don't think so. Anyways, I had applied for a job in public relations, but was told that you have to start at the ground floor. Basically, this means going door-to-door selling Verizon FiOs. The reason they wanted to make sure you dressed professionally is that they want you to 'shadow' one of their sales people. Once I found out what I was getting into, I walked out of the office.
They use deplorable, shady, business practices and misleading job postings to lure people into their office. When I got home, I did some research online and found that they were linked to Smart Circle. Going to www.ripoffreport.com, I searched for smart circle and saw hundreds of accounts of the same type of practices as this company employs.
Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this company. Better yet, submit a review about them on this site, rip-off report, or any other 'consumer-beware' site.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Job Application
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought the 18 piece Low So Tweet (#13453063) Flannel Jelly by The Land of Whimzie. I realize that the customer needs to trim some of them but I had..."
- "Many people in America think those people from Europe and those Victoria models or other European models don't use make up and are natural beauty. Media discovered that mostly al..."
- "Today, June 6, 2016; I had the worst experience in an LQ stay that I have ever had. It occurred in LQ Santa Clarita-Valencia because of their terrible breakfast bar..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "Went to Labcorp for medical tests Sarasota. There were several elderly patients arguing with confrontational Labcorp employees that they had provided urine samples, staff insisted they had not. Elderly man..."
- "On 01-10-2015 I have purchased a 2011 Audi R8 at Presidential Auto Leasing and Sales. Dealer requested full payment of $110,000.00 in order to issue Bill-of-Sale. Mark Fentress (General Manager)..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."