Innovative Health Products - $6,315 deposit taken no product delivered.
Regarding doing business with Innovative Health Products http://www.onlineihp.com/ and their parent company GeoPharma Inc.
Our company had products manufactured by Innovative Heath and their parent company GeoPharma Inc. We contacted Victoria Travers in August of 2009 about making another 3000 units of our custom product. Ms. Travers insisted on a 50% deposit. Sadly, we sent a check and did not use American Express, which would have reversed the transaction if we had understood how in trouble this company was. We later discovered, the company was in no position to make this natural dietary supplement for us and had suspended their production line.
We had requested a completion date of 6 weeks at the time we submitted our PO. Ms. Victoria Travers assured us this would not be a problem.
When 6 weeks came and went, we began the goose chase of calling, leaving messages, emailing Ms. Victoria Travers. She was always in a meeting, out of town, or would get back to us. If we did manage to get through to her, which only occurred whenever we would say we were someone else looking to do NEW business, she would tell us it was in production or they were waiting for one or more of the ingredients or that she was checking on it.
Since getting this product made requires multiple steps and techniques, we were not prepared to find a new company and were already behind schedule on delivering this product to one of our overseas customers.
After months of chasing Ms. Victoria Travers, we finally asked what they needed to get this done. Mrs. Victoria Travers instructed us to purchase one of the main ingredients ourselves since they were having problems getting it (their account had been frozen for non-payment). We ordered the main ingredient, had it expressed shipped to by Innovative Heath and their parent company GeoPharma Inc.
After it arrived there, we got a notice through google search tags that Innovative Heath and their parent company GeoPharma Inc. had their stock suspended because it fell below the standards of the Dow and was then listed as a otc stock.
After many heated conversation with Ms. Victoria Travers about the deposit, and the ingredient we had shipped to them, and the labels we had supplied, we opted to have another company make the product and had the ingredient picked up (apparently their shipping department was still operational right up until they stopped payroll in mid-December 2009).
According to Ms. Victoria Travers our concerns were being taken up with the Dr. Sekharam Kotha and Mihir Taneja, founders and controlling Board Officers of Innovative Health Products http://www.onlineihp.com/ and their parent company GeoPharma Inc.
We were then referred to Ms. Susan Bongiovanni, Corporate Controller for Innovative Health Products http://www.onlineihp.com/ and their parent company GeoPharma Inc. Ms. Susan Bongiovanni, through a series of emails and telephone conversations, offered to send us 50% of our original deposit, or $3157.50 in early Dec. of 2009. The check bounced.
What we learned about Florida is that they do not think anything their own companies do is illegal if it is done to a small out of state company. What we learned about the then Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray was that he seemed more interested in suing business, but only Ohio business on behalf of consumers and not protecting small Ohio businesses.
Conversations with attorneys in Ohio and Florida convinced us that the deceit and thievery of Innovative Health Products http://www.onlineihp.com/ and their parent company GeoPharma Inc. would only cause us to throw good money on top of our loss of $6315.00 deposit.
As of today, we still have not received any part of our deposit and have only incurred banking fees related to the over draft.
However, if you ever need to do business with these companies or people BEWARE.
Dr. Sekharam Kotha
Victoria Travers (currently with Ion Labs)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Contract Fraud
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
You May Also Like
- "I bought a cvs brand face and body bleach which was noted as gentlier than the competation. I followed the instruction on the box and mixed the activator and cream and..."
- "Yes, Clearly there is a part mistake from iHerb side, in the website below the Shipping charges, there is a fine print saying "Duties and Taxes may be collected at..."
- "Went to the all night Walgreens on Green Oaks in Arlington TX. in the wee hours on a Sunday to get a prescription for a pain medicine filled for my..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "If you are thinking of buying anything from Kane's furniture, run, run like heck! Do not listen or believe them when the tell you about their lifetime guarantee and then..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "This was my first time ordering from fanatics only to learn to just buy from the actual nba store or lakers store next time. They sent me a woman's kobe..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."