Inline Tile And Stone - A Different Point of View

2 of 3 Inline Tile And Stone reviews

Well, I read the complaint about Inline and wanted to weigh in with a different point of view.I hired Inline/Borad to install around 2,000 square feet of travertine tile in my backyard patio.

His contract price was not the lowest of those I shopped but I liked his straightforward approach and honesty about the options I had given the need to install the tile over an existing concrete slab. He and his crew were impeccable, hard-working and quite skilled at the design and installation. They completed the project on time and for the budgeted amount. I have designed and built three of my own homes as an owner-builder, so have some experience in dealing with contractors and tradesmen.

My goal is to always work with those who know what they are doing, then do what they say they will do.

By that measure, Borad delivered as promised and I could not be happier with their work.I would recommend Inline to anyone requiring quality tile installation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Inline Tile And Stone Patio Tile Installation
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #700616

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Inline Tile And Stone? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 3 Inline Tile And Stone reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 04 #1106329

The second sentence should read "On my job Borad paid his "day workers" $40 PER DAY and charged me $65/hour for their time.

0 0 Reply

Feb 04 #1106265

You probably paid too much. On my job Borad paid his "day workers" $40/hour and charged me $65/hour for their time. Most of his day workers on my job had ZERO experience. He had one of those inexperienced day workers installing tile, and the tile are installed incorrectly. On my job he also didn't pay the required workmen's comp insurance for his employes (that he said on his CSLB page he didn't have). Not having workmen's comp puts the customer (YOU) at risk if any of his "day workers" get hurt while on the job. Borad was fined by the CSLB for not having workmen's comp, and for nine other violations.
On my job, Borad was NOT straight-forward. He did not create a contract for the kitchen, did not create written and approved change orders for any changes, which he charged for after we already agreed on what I thought was a set price. But most of all, Borad didn't get the required permits. He blames that on me, but he was the contractor and was supposed to know what is required.
Borad likes travertine because it hides all the mistakes. The downside is, it's labor intensive after it is installed. All that grout has to be re-sealed on a regular basis...especially outside and exposed to the elements. And I will bet you he only sealed it ONCE, when the sealer container specifically states that multiple coats ARE REQUIRED. Sealer costs about $40/quart...
OBTW: My sons went to high school with Borad and worked for him for a time, so I now know how he operates. Too
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.