San Diego, California

Well, I read the complaint about Inline and wanted to weigh in with a different point of view.I hired Inline/Borad to install around 2,000 square feet of travertine tile in my backyard patio.

His contract price was not the lowest of those I shopped but I liked his straightforward approach and honesty about the options I had given the need to install the tile over an existing concrete slab. He and his crew were impeccable, hard-working and quite skilled at the design and installation. They completed the project on time and for the budgeted amount. I have designed and built three of my own homes as an owner-builder, so have some experience in dealing with contractors and tradesmen.

My goal is to always work with those who know what they are doing, then do what they say they will do.

By that measure, Borad delivered as promised and I could not be happier with their work.I would recommend Inline to anyone requiring quality tile installation.

Review about: Inline Tile And Stone Patio Tile Installation.

5.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Good customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Inline Tile And Stone?

Comments

San Diego, California, United States #1258012

Thankfully I did not listen to the 1 very nasty individual who seems to spend all of his time trying to destroy a very reputable, honest, hard working contractor.Instead I went with several neighbors recommendations and hired Duane with Inline Tile and Stone to remodel my old brick fireplace and to also lay 12x24 floor tiles in my masterbath.

I could not be more pleased with every aspect of Duane and his crews work, from the reasonable price, to the great ideas, reliability, expertise, professionalism, attention to detail and cleanliness.

I am so happy with Duane Borad and Inline Tile and Stone that I am going to hire him to do all my hardscape outside too.I will post before and after pictures so you can see how beautiful a job they did!

The second sentence should read "On my job Borad paid his "day workers" $40 PER DAY and charged me $65/hour for their time.

You probably paid too much.On my job Borad paid his "day workers" $40/hour and charged me $65/hour for their time.

Most of his day workers on my job had ZERO experience. He had one of those inexperienced day workers installing tile, and the tile are installed incorrectly. On my job he also didn't pay the required workmen's comp insurance for his employes (that he said on his CSLB page he didn't have). Not having workmen's comp puts the customer (YOU) at risk if any of his "day workers" get hurt while on the job.

Borad was fined by the CSLB for not having workmen's comp, and for nine other violations.

On my job, Borad was NOT straight-forward. He did not create a contract for the kitchen, did not create written and approved change orders for any changes, which he charged for after we already agreed on what I thought was a set price. But most of all, Borad didn't get the required permits. He blames that on me, but he was the contractor and was supposed to know what is required.

Borad likes travertine because it hides all the mistakes.

The downside is, it's labor intensive after it is installed. All that grout has to be re-sealed on a regular basis...especially outside and exposed to the elements. And I will bet you he only sealed it ONCE, when the sealer container specifically states that multiple coats ARE REQUIRED. Sealer costs about $40/quart...

OBTW: My sons went to high school with Borad and worked for him for a time, so...

Too bad I didn't know that before I hired him.When I hired a "friend of the family" I expected him to do a professional job, but he didn't.

You can check out Borad's violations on the CSLB website.