Indy Jarvis - Complete Scam

2 of 2 Indy Jarvis reviews

I purchased a unit from a small business called Indy Jarvis.The owner contacted me often, after I showed some interest in his product.

I finally decided to order the product which was the Indy Jarvis Talking Car unit. He told me this thing would do all sorts of things and it would pull stuff from the internet and learn. I admit, I was intrigued. When I placed the order, it was for the kit which included(a windows tablet, bluetooth speaker, and a bluetooth headset that he assured me at the time would work great and a set of blue lights).

After placing my order, I contacted him to make sure the funds went through. After several attempts through paypal, it was successful. He then informed me that he was soldering the blue lights on as we were speaking and he would ship my item out that day with a 2 day delivery. Sounds great so far!

4 days went by and I decided to contact him again to see what the issue was. He told me that my unit wasn't complete yet. I asked him, " didn't you tell me the day I ordered it, that all you had left was to solder the blue lights and ship it?" He said, "Oh wait, let me get back to you." After some time had passed, I decided to contact him once again. He said, "my wife told me it just shipped out.

She remembered my name on it. I should have it in 2 days." Once again, 3 days go by and no unit. Starting to get irritated, I contacted him yet again. (Keep in mind, he had no problem contacting me when he was trying to get me to purchase the item.

Now I am doing all the contacting.) When I contacted him, he text me a picture of this huge smashed box. He told me that my item was just returned to him damaged. Now I am no expert, but I am certain that a 7 inch tablet, a 4 inch speaker, 2 6 inch long strip lights and an ear piece, would not be in a box the size of a large microwave. The other cool thing about this, it wasn't even in a priority mail box.

Probably just pulled some random pic off the net? But I thought, Hey who knows? He told me he was gonna have to build me another because he didn't know if that one was damaged or not. I then suggested that, since my wife and I were going to be in his town in a couple of days, we would just come by and pick it up.

Then we all wouldn't have to worry about it getting damaged again. He said that would fine. He then asked if I wanted him to install it. I told him, "no, I am sure i could handle it." He said, "well I would like to install it so I can shoot a video of it and put it on youtube." So I agreed.

A couple of days later, we went to Indianapolis and went to his home to get our unit. When he arrived, he jumped out and started going to work on the install. Me, not realizing at the time, that him installing the unit himself, was his way of hiding the fact that he was giving me all used items. (except the lights.

Which were not blue. They were green.) He said he didn't do blue lights. Which I found very odd since I have seen videos on youtube with some of the cars he has done with blue lights and he told me back when all this started that he was soldering the blue lights on and about to ship it. The tablet was one of his old ones.

It had all his family information in it, friends and more. It had velcro stuck to the back of it. None of which he showed me or told me. Now for the money I paid for this junk box, you would think that I would have at least got new items.

Not used worn out ones. Anyway, he gets it all installed and does his little video. Now, after my wife and him start talking, he is explaining to her that if we have a bluetooth stereo in the car, that this unit will work through the stereo while you are in the car. However, the bluetooth speaker and lights will not.

Only 1 bluetooth device at a time. Naturally I started thinking to myself, how is the bluettoth earpiece gonna work then. But I kept quiet and waited till they were finished. He said, "ok, your all done.

Good to go." So i asked him, " where is my bluetooth ear piece? He said, " oh, well I don't have one. I will have to ship you one. (can you guess what he told me ?) That's right, he said he would ship it out, 2 day delivery.

It has been a couple of weeks now and not a word or an earpiece from this scam. Anyway, As soon as I get back home, I get this unit out and start to mess with it to see what it can do. As soon as I turn it on, the thing goes haywire. It keeps repeating itself, it wont stop.

It also say 2 or 3 different things at the same time which is really useless. So, I call the guy up and I say hey, I am having an issue with this thing, and could use some help. He said, " I am in the middle of something right now and I will call you back in about an hour. Again, it has been a couple of weeks now and still nothing from him.

Funny how his phone worked just fine when he was trying to get me to purchase huh? So let me recap. I paid $279 for the unit, $20 for the bluetooth ear piece(which I never received) and $30 for shipping(which I went and picked up myself. Now I am the type of person that says, " Oh well live and learn.

Some people are just crooks and karma, well, you know.

But after thinking about it for awhile, I thought it would be better to post this and let everyone know, what kind of joker this guy is.By far my worst decision yet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

Reason of review:
Poor quality, problem with delivery, order issue,damaged or defective, not as described, pricing issue
Preferred solution:
let everyone i can know about this company
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Talking Car
Review category
Computers
review #954495

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Indy Jarvis ? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 Indy Jarvis reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Cars 4 Us

Nov 15 #1240935 Carlstadt, New Jersey, United States

To whom it may concern,
Indy Jarvis- quoted in your "Statement" is a brand name sold as a re-seller. There are several business re-sellers that are IndyJarvis as well, so watch who you speak of. I am a car stereo Install Garage here in Dallas, Tx. I have been a re-seller for IndyJarvis products for about a year now. I have not had ANY of the problems you say you have had. My dealer sent me 5 tablets and 5 car Interface units IN ADVANCE! Not what you say at all. I have one of them on my personal car for 3 months now. He is the Jarvis voice. I have won first place at my local car show, (In my car's class), and have NO problems getting him to talk to the people that walk up on him.
I LOVE my Jarvis Interface, and I have sold over 45 units in the last few weeks! They sell like candy, and are SIMPLE to install.
If you had all the problems you say you have, be sure to mention the right people, cause the brand name is sold everywhere- you sound like you just don't know how to use it.
Some people just don't get along with the Ai's. They pick up on that, and begin to not like the person back.
Are you sure the Ai just didn't like you? He does that to someone who is mean. My Ai in my car told an old woman to, "Walk faster-slow human!" as she went by.....;) Sincerely, Rob Olsterman- Cars 4 US installs.

5 0 Reply
Love IndyJarvis

Nov 16 #1241415

I got one of these Car units from the same guy you talk of. He was great! Not at all what you say-happened to me. I love what my car can do! It draws a circle of people in every place I go! Love IT!!!- Big thumbs up **** -Ryan Alster, Indiana

5 0 Reply
Chris

1 day ago #1251669 Carlstadt, New Jersey, United States

I purchased several car kitts over the last couple of months from Indy Jarvis and I have nothing but great things to say. I wouldn't even know where to start. He was very courteous, took the time to answer my questions even though I hadn't made a purchase. I waited and ordered a couple months later and I couldn't be happier. Jarvis is a huge hit wherever he is seen. The tablet fired up right out of the box and it came with detailed instructions. I own a small business of my own and I assure you, the customer is not always right. I don't understand the bashing of this business. I call BS! I have friends and family whom have ordered from Indy Jarvis as well. No issues at all. Packages were right on time and everything worked right out of the box. All of his videos speak for themselves. I have come to find, you can't please everyone. Common sense just isn't so common anymore. Order one for yourself and see or don't, but either way, I give this business 5 stars.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Indy Jarvis .
Filing a new complaint about
×