185 views

Because of Imperial Freight Lines, my step-son is losing most of his possessions, many of which are needed for his ailing wife and infant son.

My step-son, his wife (with health issues) and their infant son needed to move cross-country, and contracted with Imperial Freight Lines. They were quoted a price, and the amount of space they could fill.

They were also told that Imperial was the moving company and not a broker. When the movers showed up, it was a contracted moving company, not Imperial. They only allowed for about a quarter of the space, and said that to take the rest would cost about 4 times as much. They had only budgeted for the amount that they had been quoted.

Imagine, being in a situation where you have packed and prepared for a cross-country move to a city you have never lived in before.

Your dates for ending one job and starting another are tight, and set. You do not have the flexibility to adjust these. You also do not have the discretionary income to be able to afford a large amount outside of your budget. You do not have time to sell your possessions, nor the money to buy new possessions.

Can you imagine the devastating stress that this would cause? That is what Imperial Freight Lines has done to my step son and his vulnerable family.

I believe that Imperial Freight Lines has behaved in a way which is dishonorable and unethical. This is worse than if they had lost most of their possessions in a house fire. At least then, insurance would have helped them recover.

As is, they simply lose it all.

I question the legitimacy of many of the 5-star reviews I've seen online. Looking at reviews on various sites, many 1-star reviewers were claiming that the 5-star reviews were fake. One wrote, their reviews are FAKE on their website--all powered by WordPress and from 2021. I dug into the google reviews and found that none of the 5-star reviewers had written more than a handful of reviews, so I looked at the profile of every reviewer to write at least 2 reviews.

What I found were 53 reviewers who had written multiple reviews for moving companies, usually saying that they would use them again, which obviously they didnt.

I also noticed several of the same moving companies being reviewed between them. I do not usually doubt the legitimacy of positive reviews, but this company has crossed a line, and I do not trust them at all.

User's recommendation: Please read the 1-star reviews that you find online. There are many.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Imperial Freight Lines Cons: It is a scam.

Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Imperial Freight Lines Reviews