1.5

Update by user Mar 06, 2022

No contact was ever made. This complaint is now listed on Google, Yelp and Pissed Consumer. No contact and not interested in refunding the unwarranted second charge.

Original review updated by user Mar 06, 2022

Mid December I had my garage door "tuned up" (as the tech called it) by Illinois Garage Repair because I was in-between openers (25 year unit had failed) and the door springs needed adjustment. The door was not balanced and was heavy.

It would not stay in the mid position. It fell down. He adjusted the springs and changed the two lower rollers. The door seemed a bit light to me because it came up from about 18" off the ground.

The new opener handled it but it seemed to struggle as the door was lowered (pushed the door down). Fast forward six weeks later with colder temperatures. The tenant stated the door wasn't closing and would go back up. It only closed if hand pressure helped it along.

She said it was happening the last couple of weeks. Keep in mind this specific opener doesn't have a manual force adjustment. It's automatic. I called Illinois Garage Repair on 2-6-2022 and requested the tech return to readjust the door so it balanced in the mid position as the door opener instructions requires.

After the tech arrived he said the cost would be $75.00. I said no, I already paid 129. for the door adjustment and two rollers a few weeks prior. He said "that guy no longer works for the company.

That was his job and this is my job, I need to be paid". I fussed but I needed the door to properly operate. He tweaked the springs looser and the opener worked well opening and closing but he said the down stop needed adjustment as he felt it was too tight. He couldn't get it adjusted randomly playing with the digital buttons (unfamiliar) so I suggested he check online as the first tech did.

He checked via cell phone but no luck. He then said "a button on the opener was broke". I said "it's new so that's not likely". He said "he was the pro".

I said so was the prior tech whose results brought you here". I paid him his 75. received a receipt and he left. My son came over and adjusted the down stop just fine about ten minutes later.

I called the office and told the story to the female at the desk. She said she would send him back to discuss it but I felt she really wasn't interested hearing the story. After 20 minutes I called the tech at the caller ID number he left when he told me he was ten minutes out when first arriving. He was late as he actually was sitting at at the wrong house down the alley.

He said he wasn't coming back and the "Office" will refund me the money. We will see.

Meanwhile, choose your company with due dilligence. Total failure with Illinois Garage Door Repair.

User's recommendation: Stay away.

Comments