Verified Reviewer

Update by user Aug 07, 2021

Hughes has never attempted to contact me, regarding this issue. I contested this inquiry with Experian (only agency recording the inquiry) After the investigation by Experian ( for all the good it did me) Hughes admitted doing the inquiry for a 3rd party..

So even though it was done, behind closed doors, in the shadows...it will stay on my credit report with Experian for 2 years. So I am still pissed, and left to hang out to dry..

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2021

I did a random search for a personal loan, checking available rates, and fees. I did a 2-minute search of this banks' site, and moved on.

I did not fill out any application form whatsoever.

They made a credit inquiry at Experian about me. Now this stays on my record for 2 more years !

I had no intention of doing business with them. Shady business practice if you ask me.

User's recommendation: Avoid, lingering on their online site if at all possible.

Preferred solution: That Hughes FCU contact Experian and withdraw their inquiry, due to the fact, we were never attempting to do business with them. Their inquiry should be removed from Experian system..

Hughes Federal Credit Union Cons: Harmful practices, Unauthorized credit checks.

Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Comments

#2032816

Put it in writing to the credit union and reporting agencies to have it removed.

#2032919
@PissedConsumer2032816

I did just that, after I spoke to Hughes FCU.

Hughes Federal Credit Union Reviews