I purchased a beautiful aqua Huffy 3 speed womans cruiser bicycle 2 weeks ago from Wal-Mart - everything seemed to work smoothly until this morning.I went on my morning ride in my neighborhood, and while I was going downhill I noticed a slight movement in the handlebars - then suddenly the handlebars came lose and collapsed, making the bicycle totally uncontrollable.
Lucky that it was early in the a.m., no traffic - I started to fall on the road but leaned very hard to the right so I would land in the marshy area. There was no warning that this was about to happen. I inspected the handlebar - which was secured with 2 allen-type screws - apparently one had loosened, making the handlebars pitch forward. One of the photos I've attached is the metal shavings that were under the clamp nut.
I walked the bike home 2 miles, got out my camera and took pictures.
I have a 3 year contract, but will be taking this bike back for a refund - tightening the screws will only be a temporary fix. This is a bicycle that I see alot of children and older people in the coastal area of North Carolina ride. It's a bit terrifying that this can happen, without warning.
Lucky that I was strong enough to force the bike to fall in a better direction than the asphalt - or in front of a car.This is a very dangerous design that needs to be looked into before more people are injured.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Beautiful retro design
- Great colors
- Decent price
What I disliked
- Potential rolling death trap
- Handlebars that collapse without notice
- Complete loss of control of bicycle
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a dress off these people and I was totally shocked when it arrived. It was completely different to what I ordered it had lace and cotton hanging off..."
- "Jessica Zamarron's website www.pinksugarxo.com/Bigcartel, her former ecommerce site got shut down because she stole money from innocent buyers and failed to send out bikinis or dresses. She claims on her..."
- "I ordered a "MANGO BAG" last January 28, 2016 thru Lazada. My item was delivered yesterday morning (February 1). I was really disappointed with the item I bought. I messaged the..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."