I purchased a beautiful aqua Huffy 3 speed womans cruiser bicycle 2 weeks ago from Wal-Mart - everything seemed to work smoothly until this morning.I went on my morning ride in my neighborhood, and while I was going downhill I noticed a slight movement in the handlebars - then suddenly the handlebars came lose and collapsed, making the bicycle totally uncontrollable.
Lucky that it was early in the a.m., no traffic - I started to fall on the road but leaned very hard to the right so I would land in the marshy area. There was no warning that this was about to happen. I inspected the handlebar - which was secured with 2 allen-type screws - apparently one had loosened, making the handlebars pitch forward. One of the photos I've attached is the metal shavings that were under the clamp nut.
I walked the bike home 2 miles, got out my camera and took pictures.
I have a 3 year contract, but will be taking this bike back for a refund - tightening the screws will only be a temporary fix. This is a bicycle that I see alot of children and older people in the coastal area of North Carolina ride. It's a bit terrifying that this can happen, without warning.
Lucky that I was strong enough to force the bike to fall in a better direction than the asphalt - or in front of a car.This is a very dangerous design that needs to be looked into before more people are injured.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Beautiful retro design
- Great colors
- Decent price
What I disliked
- Potential rolling death trap
- Handlebars that collapse without notice
- Complete loss of control of bicycle
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I sent an item to a buyer sometimes ago. Unfortunately, the package went missing. Buyer filed for refund and Tradesy shut down my account. Post office found the missing package..."
- " I am writing because I am having an issue that needs urgent attention. I am a customer of Aliexpress.com and have made many purchases with no issues up until..."
- "I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."