Hsus Ginseng - Hsu's Ginseng cited by FDA for false advertising and selling contaminated products
On more than one occasion, Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. has been investigated and cited by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration Inspections, Compliance, Enforcement and Criminal Investigations Divisions. As seen in these letters this company has been cited for selling contaminated products ("adulterated: chemical residue") faulty employee training and false advertising - i.e. advertising their products with unapproved or unsubstantiated claims:
Hsu's has been notified "You should take prompt action to correct the violations cited in this letter. Failure to promptly correct these violations may result in enforcement action without further notice, such as seizure and/or injunction. "
"Furthermore, claims made on your Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hsuge provide additional evidence that your products are intended for use as drugs:
On January 14, 2016, your company shared a photo which states: “American ginseng…can be used…conditions like high blood pressure…or ulcers”
A drug is misbranded under section 502(f)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 352(f)(1), if the drug fails to bear adequate directions for its intended use(s). “Adequate directions for use” means directions by which a layperson can use a drug safely and for the purposes for which it is intended (21 CFR 201.5). Prescription drugs, as defined in section 503(b)(1)(A) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(1)(A), can only be used safely at the direction, and under the supervision, of a licensed practitioner."
Shortly before reading the FDA publicly available information, I had recently been gifted 2 packages of Hsu's Enterprises, Inc. American Ginseng. Sensing that it is not safe to ingest Hsu's Enterprises, Inc. products, I wrote to them, asking for a refund:
Subject: return refund
Date: August 11, 2016 9:42:47 PM EDT
Paul C. Hsu
Hsu’s Ginseng Enterprises, Inc.
T6819 County Road W
Wausau, Wisconsin 54403-9461
I want to return to the following for a refund:
sealed/unopened box of (#126-4) Cultivated Slices 4 oz. and a sealed unopened box of (#104-4) Cultivated Long Small #1 4 oz ( 26 roots)
Any reputable and legitimate American manufacturer would recognize the importance of accommodating such a request - however, Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. has refused to do so.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Should be closed down
- Complaint filed with wisconsin attorney general
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a 12x12 frame from walmart.com (sold by Bic Warehouse), and it was broken when I received it. Not only was the glass broken, but the frame was snapped..."
- "The back-story (1999): I was living in CA and four and a half months pregnant (after having lost a child in pregnancy at five months the previous year) when my mother,..."
- "Suzanne Jean Stokes Karama Darwin 0812 ... Suzanne Jean Stokes (nee Erickson) schemed and planned and connived to steal her 4 brothers and 2 sisters inheritance, which she eventually did.READ..."
- "In August 2010, another construction defect lawsuit against Lennar Homes and Greystone Homes was filed. It involves multiple homes in a newer Henderson, NV community known as Fiesta Park. The..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "SupremePsychics is really a bad website and was established in March 2013. The psychics on there are fake and are just here for the money. They do not care for..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."