Hsus Ginseng - Hsu's Ginseng cited by FDA for false advertising and selling contaminated products
On more than one occasion, Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. has been investigated and cited by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration Inspections, Compliance, Enforcement and Criminal Investigations Divisions. As seen in these letters this company has been cited for selling contaminated products ("adulterated: chemical residue") faulty employee training and false advertising - i.e. advertising their products with unapproved or unsubstantiated claims:
Hsu's has been notified "You should take prompt action to correct the violations cited in this letter. Failure to promptly correct these violations may result in enforcement action without further notice, such as seizure and/or injunction. "
"Furthermore, claims made on your Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hsuge provide additional evidence that your products are intended for use as drugs:
On January 14, 2016, your company shared a photo which states: “American ginseng…can be used…conditions like high blood pressure…or ulcers”
A drug is misbranded under section 502(f)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 352(f)(1), if the drug fails to bear adequate directions for its intended use(s). “Adequate directions for use” means directions by which a layperson can use a drug safely and for the purposes for which it is intended (21 CFR 201.5). Prescription drugs, as defined in section 503(b)(1)(A) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(1)(A), can only be used safely at the direction, and under the supervision, of a licensed practitioner."
Shortly before reading the FDA publicly available information, I had recently been gifted 2 packages of Hsu's Enterprises, Inc. American Ginseng. Sensing that it is not safe to ingest Hsu's Enterprises, Inc. products, I wrote to them, asking for a refund:
Subject: return refund
Date: August 11, 2016 9:42:47 PM EDT
Paul C. Hsu
Hsu’s Ginseng Enterprises, Inc.
T6819 County Road W
Wausau, Wisconsin 54403-9461
I want to return to the following for a refund:
sealed/unopened box of (#126-4) Cultivated Slices 4 oz. and a sealed unopened box of (#104-4) Cultivated Long Small #1 4 oz ( 26 roots)
Any reputable and legitimate American manufacturer would recognize the importance of accommodating such a request - however, Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. has refused to do so.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Should be closed down
- Complaint filed with wisconsin attorney general
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Greentest is a great tool to help us detect the level of nitrate for fruit and vegetables. WHO sugeests max daily intake of..."
- "Suzanne Jean Stokes Karama Darwin 0812 ... Suzanne Jean Stokes (nee Erickson) schemed and planned and connived to steal her 4 brothers and 2 sisters inheritance, which she eventually did.READ..."
- "We ordered cabinets in July 2015. Took 6 months before the cabinets came, and two pantries were missing. Numerous emails went unanswered, disconnected telephone, etc. Finally a few weeks ago..."
- "Received the online February Sale catalog for the Sons and Daughter horse sale. Advertised as big production sale, not an auction. BLS claims to have a lameness and..."
- "New Vitality is a long-term front for Roger W. Mason, a convicted drug manufacturer and drug illegal drug dealer who sells such items as Super Beta Prostate and Ageless Male..."
- "We closed on our Lennar "Comfort Wise" and "Energy Star Certified" home in May of 2006. Lennar should not use these terms when offering their product for sale. ..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."