Hsus Ginseng - Hsu's Ginseng cited by FDA for false advertising and selling contaminated products
On more than one occasion, Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. has been investigated and cited by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration Inspections, Compliance, Enforcement and Criminal Investigations Divisions. As seen in these letters this company has been cited for selling contaminated products ("adulterated: chemical residue") faulty employee training and false advertising - i.e. advertising their products with unapproved or unsubstantiated claims:
Hsu's has been notified "You should take prompt action to correct the violations cited in this letter. Failure to promptly correct these violations may result in enforcement action without further notice, such as seizure and/or injunction. "
"Furthermore, claims made on your Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hsuge provide additional evidence that your products are intended for use as drugs:
On January 14, 2016, your company shared a photo which states: “American ginseng…can be used…conditions like high blood pressure…or ulcers”
A drug is misbranded under section 502(f)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 352(f)(1), if the drug fails to bear adequate directions for its intended use(s). “Adequate directions for use” means directions by which a layperson can use a drug safely and for the purposes for which it is intended (21 CFR 201.5). Prescription drugs, as defined in section 503(b)(1)(A) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(1)(A), can only be used safely at the direction, and under the supervision, of a licensed practitioner."
Shortly before reading the FDA publicly available information, I had recently been gifted 2 packages of Hsu's Enterprises, Inc. American Ginseng. Sensing that it is not safe to ingest Hsu's Enterprises, Inc. products, I wrote to them, asking for a refund:
Subject: return refund
Date: August 11, 2016 9:42:47 PM EDT
Paul C. Hsu
Hsu’s Ginseng Enterprises, Inc.
T6819 County Road W
Wausau, Wisconsin 54403-9461
I want to return to the following for a refund:
sealed/unopened box of (#126-4) Cultivated Slices 4 oz. and a sealed unopened box of (#104-4) Cultivated Long Small #1 4 oz ( 26 roots)
Any reputable and legitimate American manufacturer would recognize the importance of accommodating such a request - however, Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. has refused to do so.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Should be closed down
- Complaint filed with wisconsin attorney general
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We ordered cabinets in July 2015. Took 6 months before the cabinets came, and two pantries were missing. Numerous emails went unanswered, disconnected telephone, etc. Finally a few weeks ago..."
- "Worldcore is some kind of an scam to collect interest on your money and exorbitant fees for doing basically nothing. They will issue you a supposedly "verified" account but then..."
- "Back on Wednesday, June 1st, 2016, I took My Very First Flight Using My Precious 30,000 SkyMiles That I Have Religiously Saved For Through Delta Airlines To Go From Buenos..."
- "I placed an order online for $40 worth of jewelry and received the confirmation order moments after it was submitted. 4 weeks had passed and I realized that I hadn't..."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "Ive had two Monster Energy Gronk and both times I got to the bottom ther was a nasty gunk that came out when i poured into my cup...."
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only. For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 &..."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."