Howdershell Animal Clinic - Phyllis L. Thies - Rotten DVM
My wife and I have always taken our house rabbits to Dr. Toepke, HE is a
great DVM however upon arrival today, for our rabbit that kept sneezing
and had a runny nose, we couldn't make an appointment to see him. We
ended up with "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies...mistake!
We have always
weighed our pet carrier with our rabbit inside. Then when we are shown
to a room, I take her out and then they go weight the carrier - some
simple subtraction and ta-da! I don't have to expose my rabbit to a
wide open waiting room filled with barking and snarling dogs where she
is naturally the prey.
This time since I weighed her beforehand I
knew she weighed 6 lbs. When the vet assistant came out to take us to
our room I plainly asked if she needed to be weighed. She said 'no'.
a half hour the assistant comes back and says that my rabbit must be
weighed. Rather than do the PREVIOUSLY acceptable system of not
exposing MY LOVED one to snarling dogs & the room filled with their
scent I had to take her out and weigh her. To this - I clearly said in
the waiting room where the scale is "This is so retarded! Look at that!
Six pounds like I said she was."
We waited 45 minutes
past our appointment and "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies finally comes in
looking like I just killed an animal and says to me "I don't appreciate
you calling my staff names." Obviously shocked I inquired as to what
she's talking about. "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies states "My assistant
tells me you called her a r*****. I don't need people abusing my
So naturally as anyone falsely accused would do I tell her
that her staff is misinformed. I explained how PREVIOUS weigh-in's were
acceptable and I don't like exposing my rabbit to all the dogs,
especially elderly people who don't control or hold tight to the
leashes. I told her that I stated the SITUATION was retarded.
Phyllis L. Thies re-states that it was "not tolerable" and proceeds to
stare me down. I told her again her staff isn't hearing clearly, that I
said the SITUATION was retarded and that I don't make a habit of
calling people names.
She AGAIN makes a comment that I was out of
line. Before I say anything else SHE gets frustrated and before I speak
again says to me "Would you like to see someone else?" To which I
reply "MOST DEFINITELY as I originally wished to see Dr. Toepke as he is
who has seen my rabbits before."
"Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies once again says with attitude "Good! He's right out in the hall I will go get him."
WOULD BE WONDERFUL!' I told her as she walks out. Then I hear her next
door telling Dr. Toepke that she "can't deal with me and my verbal
abuse". He knocks on the door and stands out in the hallway as if I'm
the psychopath with a menopausal rage similar to what I saw in "Doctor"
Phyllis L. Thies...
I re-explain the situation stating that I said
the SITUATION was retarded and that the staff refused to weigh my rabbit
the traditional way. He with MUCH more class states it was an
unfortunate miscommunication and without any apology or belief of my
side, HIS PAYING CUSTOMER, proceeds to professionally and dutifully take
care of my rabbit.
The one star above is for the ROTTEN
bed-side-mannered, unable to listen, RUDE, uncaring, ACCUSATORY,
"Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies - if we were living in Apocalyptic times and I
were injured severely, and IF she was the only doctor within a 100-mile
radius and I needed surgery, I'd use a filthy, dirty nail file to take
care of my own self before I let this dead-behind-the-eyes, RUDE, BRASH
and IMPUDENT social R***** near me or anything I loved.
EVERY time we
have been in there it was perfectly fine to not further STRESS my bunny
and expose her on the floor scale to a bunch of other taller animals
that view her as their supper and bark at her.
THE assistant whose
name I didn't catch - if properly trained - should have been
accommodating and offered to weigh my rabbit this way herself.
It was Dr. Toepke that suggested the 'weigh her in the carrier' on our very first visit in the first place!!!!!
rabbit is ill, and may need to return. Dr. Toepke obviously thinking I
am the problem and not his poorly trained staff pulled out his business
card and circled his name and stated that I can see him from now on for
my house-rabbit needs. Again, treating me like I was the problem. He
was who I originally tried to get the appointment with in the first
place. He neutered my male rabbit as well as put my other rabbit to
sleep, both in a kind and caring manner. Luckily for his practice he
has four other DMV's besides himself and the IMPUDENT "Doctor" Phyllis
If you have a skittish animal - proceed at your own risk
of offending the all-knowing "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies who apparently
takes all statements from her poorly trained assistant that couldn't
understand my simple and EASY request, as the gospel truth. She wasn't
there but she treated me like she witnessed a verbally abusive tirade.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Rabbit Treatment
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "I look at these reviews, and my heart just Sinks. The day I took my dog there, 3 months ago, Christmas Eve, was the worst day of my life. I..."
- "I just got a 12 week old Merle American Cocker Spaniel puppy a few weeks ago.I heard about the wellness program at Banfield Pet Hospital in Petsmart so I took..."
- "I have used Fronline Plus on and off for many years for multiple pets. It used to work pretty well but lately it doesn't seem to work well at all...."
- "I purchased a pre owned GMC Van ($47,900) that was previously owned by the owner of Suntrup. When I asked what was wrong with it, and if it had..."
- "I ordered several items 2 years ago. A pair of green shoes did not arrive. The site says "pending". Two years is totally unacceptable. I want my shoes, or my..."
- "Maximus Metal Roofing in Trussville, AL (Birmingham), owned by Robert E. Brewster, Jr. put (or almost completed) putting a metal roof on my home. Mr. Brewster was very anxious..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."