Howard Tanner Esq - Lawyer is a Drunk

2 of 2 Howard Tanner Esq reviews

HOWARD TANNER ESQ. 30 VESEY ST, NEW YORK, NY (212) 962-1333

THIS LAWYER IS AN ALCOHOLIC - DO NOT HIRE HIM. STAY FAR AWAY.

I should have followed the advice of other online posters who gave this alcoholic lawyer, Howard Tanner, negative reviews. I made the terrible mistake of hiring him to represent me with my shoplifting case. I was scared, desperate, and vulnerable when I was arrested so I hired Howard Tanner out of haste despite my research on the internet. He scammed me and smooth talked me into paying him his legal fees of $7,500.

I learned my mistake today when Howard Tanner showed up in court drunk and reeking of alcohol. His speech was incoherent when he spoke to me and then, later, the judge asked him why he was stumbling his words. He told the judge he had the flu and was on Nyquil, but in June?

I wanted to fire him on the spot but he told me that he gets to keep all my money. I don't have anymore money to hire another lawyer. I, surely, can not risk going to trial with this drunk. This is the second time I have seen him drunk IN COURT.

I have definitely lost my $7,500 and I feel scammed by him. He's a dishonest lawyer, a smooth talking scam artist, and an alcoholic who should not be practicing law.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Other
review #859240 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Howard Tanner Esq? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
2 of 2 Howard Tanner Esq reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Howard Tanner Esq.
Filing a new complaint about
×