Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer - Rip OFF
We are a full service facilitation company providing services to major oil & gas companies, both local and international, operating for over 25 years. We signed on with Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) to do some work on our website, not only are they incompetent, we no longer have a functional website.
In May 2011, we spoke with Houston Media Lab "” Brian Spencer about customizing/designing a Word Press site with the alternate option of building a site from scratch. We decided Word Press would be our best option as we wanted a content management system.
We simply wanted all items from our old website to be moved over, then we would maintain it on our own via WordPress. Instead, Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer, lost our entire secondary website used to directly communicate with our clients (this website did not need to be altered in the first place, simply backed up and moved over). Brian Spencer did not back up our MySQL database and then attempted to blame our previous web developer 3 months after we moved on from them and hired him (Brian Spencer) as our new developer. We spent hundreds of hours on putting content into our secondary site over the 2-3 year period, and now, because of Houston Media Lab, we lost everything. After the site went down, Brian Spencer then led us on for 45 days saying he and his "team" were working on getting everything moved over, only to later show us a virtually empty page that could have been put together in less than 30 minutes. Furthermore, Brian Spencer was more interested in financial gain rather than doing all that as promised to us. He hounded us and whined requesting we submit payment, when all we wanted to see was complete and professional work. Once payment was received, he rarely responded to our emails. In conclusion, Houston Media Lab has cost us thousands of dollars and we still don't have a website.
This is a amateur company claiming to build websites. We strongly advise refraining from doing business with this one-man band company. In the end, we were left with a $35 template purchased by Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) with absolutely no customizations. We did research and found our template here . Brian Spencer didn't even bother changing the images when he presented the WordPress site to us. This company is VERY bad news.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Website Design
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "If you were or still are a member of Kaiser & you had an appointment on January 19, 2012 it is most likely that someone else received your medical information..."
- "I went to Affordable Dentures on 07/2015 and technician took me X rays, she said that she had to remove 3 teeth, because 1 was shifted, 1 loose and 1..."
- "My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "Untrustworty Review SystemSep 21, 2010wwwvrbocom20213 says:DislikesOtherPoor customer supportComments:This site has a bogus and worthless traveler review system. The systemhas no quality control measures to validate reviews. The reviews aresubjective and..."
- "Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure...."
- "I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours. Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to..."