Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer - Rip OFF
We are a full service facilitation company providing services to major oil & gas companies, both local and international, operating for over 25 years. We signed on with Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) to do some work on our website, not only are they incompetent, we no longer have a functional website.
In May 2011, we spoke with Houston Media Lab "” Brian Spencer about customizing/designing a Word Press site with the alternate option of building a site from scratch. We decided Word Press would be our best option as we wanted a content management system.
We simply wanted all items from our old website to be moved over, then we would maintain it on our own via WordPress. Instead, Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer, lost our entire secondary website used to directly communicate with our clients (this website did not need to be altered in the first place, simply backed up and moved over). Brian Spencer did not back up our MySQL database and then attempted to blame our previous web developer 3 months after we moved on from them and hired him (Brian Spencer) as our new developer. We spent hundreds of hours on putting content into our secondary site over the 2-3 year period, and now, because of Houston Media Lab, we lost everything. After the site went down, Brian Spencer then led us on for 45 days saying he and his "team" were working on getting everything moved over, only to later show us a virtually empty page that could have been put together in less than 30 minutes. Furthermore, Brian Spencer was more interested in financial gain rather than doing all that as promised to us. He hounded us and whined requesting we submit payment, when all we wanted to see was complete and professional work. Once payment was received, he rarely responded to our emails. In conclusion, Houston Media Lab has cost us thousands of dollars and we still don't have a website.
This is a amateur company claiming to build websites. We strongly advise refraining from doing business with this one-man band company. In the end, we were left with a $35 template purchased by Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) with absolutely no customizations. We did research and found our template here . Brian Spencer didn't even bother changing the images when he presented the WordPress site to us. This company is VERY bad news.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Website Design
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Woke up twice during wisdom (4) extraction. Never once did the oral surgeon stop/pause until I was out again. I was actually told to be quiet; apparently I was yelling...."
- "I went to the clinic to have SIX old veneers changed because over time they had discolored, nothing was wrong with my teeth otherwise. Dr. Arzate advised to do eight..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from Kaiser Permanente Privacy Compliance Program Manager for NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office stating they want a "Receipt" they think I have. Kaiser..."
- "I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours. Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to..."
- "I stumbled upon WeUsePayPal when I discovered Amazon doesnt accept paypal as a method of payment. WeUsePayPal has a site set up that makes you believe you could purchase..."
- "After months of looking at the products being advertised on the Touch of Modern web page, I decided to give it a try. I became skeptical because after making..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."