Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer - Rip OFF
We are a full service facilitation company providing services to major oil & gas companies, both local and international, operating for over 25 years. We signed on with Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) to do some work on our website, not only are they incompetent, we no longer have a functional website.
In May 2011, we spoke with Houston Media Lab "” Brian Spencer about customizing/designing a Word Press site with the alternate option of building a site from scratch. We decided Word Press would be our best option as we wanted a content management system.
We simply wanted all items from our old website to be moved over, then we would maintain it on our own via WordPress. Instead, Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer, lost our entire secondary website used to directly communicate with our clients (this website did not need to be altered in the first place, simply backed up and moved over). Brian Spencer did not back up our MySQL database and then attempted to blame our previous web developer 3 months after we moved on from them and hired him (Brian Spencer) as our new developer. We spent hundreds of hours on putting content into our secondary site over the 2-3 year period, and now, because of Houston Media Lab, we lost everything. After the site went down, Brian Spencer then led us on for 45 days saying he and his "team" were working on getting everything moved over, only to later show us a virtually empty page that could have been put together in less than 30 minutes. Furthermore, Brian Spencer was more interested in financial gain rather than doing all that as promised to us. He hounded us and whined requesting we submit payment, when all we wanted to see was complete and professional work. Once payment was received, he rarely responded to our emails. In conclusion, Houston Media Lab has cost us thousands of dollars and we still don't have a website.
This is a amateur company claiming to build websites. We strongly advise refraining from doing business with this one-man band company. In the end, we were left with a $35 template purchased by Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) with absolutely no customizations. We did research and found our template here . Brian Spencer didn't even bother changing the images when he presented the WordPress site to us. This company is VERY bad news.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Website Design
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Spent $10,000 on hair transplant from Bosley Manhattan and this is my results..."
- "You have seen on the news just how much the state & federal agencies we pay taxes to that are suppose to protect us but don't!!!!!! Here is just..."
- "I wish would have done research prior to having transplanted hair. I probably wouldn't have acted on desperation of wanting fuller hair. I not only lost more hair than i..."
- "Lost prevention beat down a customer inside the store accusing of stealing wich is all bull other wise they would it press charges isn't that weird?..."
- "Waited over two hours for delivery. The delivery guy argues that I didn't pay by card. I owed cash. Trying to run game. My food was cold and soggy. Even..."
- "This is how I received my order at walmart. This is not the first time. I'm so sick of receiving my orders with damage all over. I went to complain..."
- "I have been paying for 10 years and now they stopped taking my payments all of a sudden,,,, no one knows why, they brought my fico from 748 down to..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."