SHANTELLE KING TROY KING A-TOWNS HOUSE OF MASTIFFS FAULTY DOG BREEDERS LIARS ATTEMPTED EUTHANIZERS

1 of 1 House of Mastiffs reviews

I am a married mother of five from South Louisiana. I purchased a rare and expensive puppy (Dogue de Bordeaux) from Troy and Shantelle King, who represented themselves as seasoned DDB breeders (owners of A-Town Mastiffs/ Ubiquitous Kennels of Anderson, Indiana, www.a-townshouseofmastiffs.com ).

I initially contacted Troy and Shantelle King for a pet quality dog which is considerably cheaper than a champion show quality dog ($1000 vs. $2500); however Ms. King explained that she had a champion quality show pup for sale at $2500. She convinced me to purchase the show quality dog by encouraging me to get into breeding DDB's. She explained that their 2 month old show quality pup was a champion breed, and that I would have no problem breeding this pup at top dollar once it comes of age. Through several telephone and Email conversations they informed me that all their dogs were show quality and the females had been bred to show quality, champion studs. She stated that she stands by all her pups and would be there to help and as source of information for sound breeding and for the lifespan of our Dogue.

After being convinced, I agreed to purchase the show quality dog. I paid $2500 for the dog plus shipping and kennel fees, health inspection and microchip placement. I have since learned that this dog has a severe overbite which is a fault for this breed. I cannot breed this dog because of the fault.

Troy and Shantelle King sold my family a faulty dog; obviously this is dog is neither a champion, nor a show dog. I contacted both Troy and Shantelle King concerning this issue. Their offer was to send me a replacement puppy from their next litter, sometime in the future, but only if I send the pup (now 12 mos. old) back to them to be EUTHANIZED. This is especially disturbing coming from supposed seasoned breeders and especially unacceptable as my husband and I have five children and we all love and cherish this dog dearly.

I caught Mrs. King in several lies and confronted her with the lies. I decided to end negotiating with her over this issue, I made it clear that I truly love my dog, and that it was unfair and unethical to punish the dog with euthanization (I still can't believe they actually told me this), and that there was absolutely no way I would send them my dog back. They then offered to send me a $1000 refund, but only after I send them proof that the dog is neutered.

Who do these people think they are? They want to kill my dog because they messed up in the breeding or they want me to have him neutered at my expense and trust that they will send me a partial refund on the dog only after I do so? They wouldn't even agree to reimburse me for the neutering charges, how tacky! How am I supposed to accept any other dog from their kennel and feel safe doing so?

I requested a refund of $1500 which would cover the difference between the $2500 she charged me for the champion show quality dog she represented, and the $1000 pet quality dog I actually received. This was, in my view, a very logical and fair offer. After several failed attempts at coming to a reasonable agreement with these people, I am preparing to begin legal proceedings against these very unscrupulous and deceptive, novice breeders.

Even after having caught them in several lies concerning this issue they still attempt to put the blame off on other people.

I even found the two other owners of pups from that same litter, both of their dogs have the same problem with the overbite. Mrs. Shantelle King had previously been in contact with these disgruntled owners and had been fully informed of the problem long before I contacted her, however when I initially brought the problem to her attention, she acted like she knew nothing of the problem. It wasn't until I informed her that I had been in contact with these people did she admit to knowing about the problem. She then went on to blame the stud's owner and previous owner/breeder.

After speaking to the original breeder out of Greece, I found out that Shantelle N. King A/K/A Shantelle Wills is a BOLD-FACED LIAR! The original breeder of the Stud dog out Greece informed me that he has never even spoken to or heard of Shantelle or Troy King and thus could not have made the statements that Shantelle King told me he made concerning the stud dog (Mrs. King said the breeder of the stud dog had informed her that the stud dog was at fault for the overbite fault).

The breeder in Greece also confirmed that the stud dog has had several proven litters, many of which produced champion show dogs, none of which had any overbite faults. This breeder is still in business and has been breeding these dogs for over 10 years.

Troy "Cheeseburger" King is an unsuccessful local cage fighter out of Anderson, Indiana.

My guess is that Mr. & Mrs. King may have needed additional funding to help jumpstart Troy's failing fighting career and may have decided to quickly jump into DDB breeding as a means of attaining this funding without thoroughly researching the breed or properly investing the time and patience required to produce champion quality show Dogues in accordance with breed standard.

My family should not have to suffer due to their mistakes, I am owed $1500 and I fully intend to use my rights under Indiana State Law to collect what is due to me.

Shantelle also told me I MUST send the AKC registration papers back to her because the registration had to be returned to the AKC due to the dog's overbite fault, which turned out, once again to be a LIE. I spoke with an AKC representative by phone to inquire about this very issue. The AKC had, in fact, informed me that I would not have to return any type of paperwork/registration on my dog whatsoever.

Please save yourself a bunch of heartache and lies….DO NOT PURCHASE A DOGUE DE BORDEAUX FROM A-TOWN'S HOUSE OF MASTIFFS/UBIQUITOUS KENNELS/ SHANTELLE KING/AKA/SHANTELL WILLS AND/OR TROY "CHEESEBURGER" KING OF ANDERSON, INDIANA.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 House of Mastiffs reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 09 #1210505 Chester Township, New Jersey, United States

This is what happens when you buy a dog to make money from breeding the poor things. Greed breeds greed so I would say you got what you paid for. Karma. Admit this is the real reason you don't want to neuter the dog is to make money off of him/her. Not to mention the wisdom (not) of breeding a huge bully breed in a house with five children. Maybe next time take a drive to your local shelter and rescue a poor pup about to lose their life, partly due to greedy breeders like you

Dec 05, 2015 #1074223

That's what you get for not adopting a poor dog who really needs a home, you stuck-up POS.

Tia

May 04, 2010 #140022

UPDATE!!! EVEN AFTER THE INDIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL SENT THEM A WARNING LETTER CONCERNING THIS COMPLAIN...THEY STILL REFUSE TO ANSWER MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND....RIP OFFS!!!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM A-TOWN'S HOUSE OF MASTIFFS!!!! SHANTELLE WILLS KING IS JUST WRONG!!!!

Tia Williams

Feb 02, 2010 #110894

Obviously you are another person related to Troy or Shantelle, or one having some sort of vested interest in thier operations...that being said, what does my interest in showing the dog have to do with them selling me a dog that is faulty?

Me being interested in showing the dog has NOTHING to do with the FACT that they sold me a dog I cannot breed or show.

THE SIMPLE FACT REMAINS...I PURCHASED A SHOW QUALITY DOG AND GOT A PET QUALITY DOG INSTEAD, BUT AT SHOW PRICE!
THEY RIPPED ME OFF!!!!!

HOW ABOUT YOU GO BUY A LEXUS AT THE COST OF A LEXUS AND GET A KIA DELIVERED TO YOU INSTEAD!!! WOULD YOU BE HAPPY?

A better question is: Why did a Troy & Shantelle sell me a pup with an overbite in the first place? They are the ones who should have known about the overbite from the beginning, they are the ones that burden the responsibility of proving what they advertised---I should NEVER have gotten a pup w/an overbite at the high end show quality price!
Further more, please do a quick google search for slander, I never slandered anyone here because I NEVER LIED ABOUT ANYTHING!

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

M. Wilson

Feb 02, 2010 #110815

My question is, if you planned on showing said dog you would have to have been practicing showing the ***. That being said, why did it take you so long to realize it was a faulty ***? Most people who get into showing know the breed standard well enough to find such a fault as soon as they get the pup, if not in the next couple of months.

Im getting the feeling that you didnt plan on seriously showing the dog, and that someone else must have point the DQ out to you. Most breeders are going to offer you a replacement after the dog is neutered, its a standard practice. If you were serious about showing you should know the standard, and should have actually gone over the pup before purchase. Could have saved you from having to slander someone because they wont give into your demands.

Tia Williams

Jan 21, 2010 #106732

first off if you dont have any interest in this dispuse you shouldnt have commented!
secondly what makes you think i want to give up my dog to get another faulty dog from a-town's house of mastiffs? why should I? so i can end up with heartbreak all over again....no!
thirdly, who are you to tell me to neuter my dog when he is obviously not fully mature...check with your vet and see what consequences this can have before you give out bad info to people you dont know!
they owe me $1500 and refuse to refund my money. All they do is make a series of false claims, lies and deception...promise to give me they money back then change their minds!
where the pics of your dogue? You'd better check that mouth!

Paisley Skittrall

Dec 21, 2009 #96805

First of all I have no interest in this dispute one way or another except I hate to hear about disagreements in general.

With that said, We have bought off of A-Town Mastifs and paid $2500 and got a superb show quality French Mastiff along with waranty. I can post pics here or you can check them out on our Facebook if you wish. My dog has the underbite it is supposed to. He is a beautiful healthy, happy, growing, 7 month old dog.

In The defense of A-Town, We had NO problem in getting what was represented to us. Our expectations were exceeded.

In your defense, why not offer to take the replacement show dog IF SHOWING/BREEDING Is what you want and neuter the dog for $150 bucks?? Thats really not that much. THEN either keep the dog--(Which THEN you would have 2 LOVABLE dogs) OR find an adoptive home for him rather than giving him back.--There are ALOT of dog lovers out there. Trust me you would have NO Problem finding a home for it-OVER or UNDER ***.

Seems to me neutering and taking the replacement dog is your best option, you could get a dog from a different stud/female--In my opinion you would be coming out ahead here.

Just my two cents.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.