Hotwire - False Representation

55 of 190 Hotwire reviews

I booked a hotel room for our upcoming family vacation in Cape Cod this morning through Hotwire.They represented the room as a 3 star (comparable to a Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn) that normally went for $310 per night but was a Hotwire Secret Hot Rate Hotel for $89.

They even went so far as to state the last person who booked was given the Cape Codder Resort and Spa in Hyannis and the savings were 71%. After payment was made, Hotwire revealed that my stay was at the Jonathan Edwards Motel in Dennis Port (a motel the owners of Cape Codder recently bought). I looked at it on Trip Advisor. The photos look like it is just an old yellow motel, definitely not a 3 star as represented.

I actually called the Jonathan Edwards Motel. I was quoted $100 per night for the exact same nights I purchased through Hotwire. That is definitely not a 71% savings! My objection is not that the Jonathan Edward Motel is not a 3 star property (which it is not).

My objection is that I was deliberately mislead. It appeared that I was agreeing to purchase a 3 star hotel room with a value of $310 per night. I figured it was a computer error so I called Hotwire's customer service immediately to rectify the mistake. After making three phone calls lasting a total 2.5 hours (mostly on hold) to discuss this matter, they did not agree.

I was told once a booking is made it can't be changed and this was not an error. In addition, I was put on hold repeatedly and bounced from one representative to another. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold again and "accidentally" dropped. I wonder why they ask for your call back number in case of disconnection but never use it.

Later this afternoon, I went back to the Hotwire website and took the attached screen shots of the deal in question as proof they are deceiving consumers. I have been a loyal customer of Hotwire in the past.

They have lost my trust.I will never use them again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Deceptive sales practices

Reason of review:
Deceptive Sales Practices
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hotwire Hotel Reservation
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #664381

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hotwire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
55 of 190 Hotwire reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hotwire.
Filing a new complaint about
×