Miami, Florida

So, I started taking a log of the internet speeds with hotwire communications service in April of 2014. The average speed reading was 1.2 Mbs down. I pay like $40 am month for 10Mbps but the speeds rarely pass 2Mbps. I decided to start contacting Hotwire Communicatios about this, asking them when and will they fix this issue.

I got a multitude of responses for these questions. Such as, "we are currently working on upgrading some equipment on your property" (mind you, this was an early response in early 2014).

Another response was, (and this one was quite frequent) "Your router may be the cause of the issue, please plug the modem straight to your computer and try again because from our end it shows that you should be getting the 10Mbps you're paying for.

The last time I called a few minute ago, the technical rep told me the property I live in rarely ever have any issues with the internet service. (A blatant lie!!!) Because that contradicts with everything that happens on this property with their service and a few stories from other reps I spoke with.

I had two words for that guy and they weren't Happy Birthday.

I was told by other reps on many different occasions that the equipment hotwire communications has on our property is far outdated and needs to be upgraded. After I heard about this a few times, I started questioning that, if the equipment needs to be upgraded, why don't they just do it? That's when I found out another thing about Hotwire Communications.

Hotwire Communications refuse to upgrade the equipment on this property unless they get the property management to split the cost.

Now, I'm not a business person, so I don't know if that's good business or just some grimy #u@%ed-up spit.

I probably should've mentioned before that the management office where I lived signed a contract a few years back preventing any other service provider from providing service to it's tenants. So for that reason alone, Hotwire Communications can pretty much do as they please (or in this case, don't do anything).

Another thing that regularly happens when I call in to get a credit on my account for a lack of services is they never process it the first time. So essentially what happens is, I would call December to get a credit on my bill for January the first 2 reps will acknowledge my request but never process it, so when my January bill arrives, no credit is applied, but they process it for February. I would keep calling in January to get my credit for that time they missed and again they acknowledge my request but do not process it. (Let me remind you, I call monthly, because the service is constantly not working, it's not like the service works good for one month and then stop for a few days). So once again, Credit in February, no credit in March and credit in April.

You may be thinking why didn't you just move, I was in college at the time and needed a place that wouldn't break my pocket. I am leaving though, I can't really put up with this anymore.

Anyway, take a look at the results and tell me if you feel right paying $40 bucks a month for that. (My speedtest account was created in October, everything before then got erased).

...and companies like this are allowed to do business.

Review about: Hotwire Communications Internet Service.

I didn't like: Monopoly they have, Service, How much i pay, Technology, Interface.

Coverage Area
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hotwire Communications?

Comments

Allen
Canton, Georgia, United States #1169600

Hotwire Communications (610-642-8570) is solely owned by Billionaire Michael Karp of Philadephia, PA (google him).Kristin Johnson Karp is his wife who is the President but he mainly hides behind her.

She is on LinkedIN as well as their Hotwire Site. If you have a petition in your property then there must be petitions at the other properties they operate in.

Your group may want to connect up with those groups for more strength.Just an idea.

Sounds like the same issues at our community.

mrhe3t
to Anonymous Miami, Florida, United States #1168283

Yeah, same company same $#!.

Hello, Hotwire Communications would like to apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your Hotwire services.Your satisfaction is very important to us and we would like the opportunity to assist you further to reach a resolution!

To protect your privacy, please send us an inbox message here, to our FaceBook mailbox: http://bit.ly/hwcHelp, with the issue, your Hotwire account number, the best way to reach you and any additional details regarding your issue.

One of our Customer Service Managers will reach out to you directly.

Sincerely, Paul, Hotwire Communications Web Team