Hotheads - HOT HEADS HAIR EXTENSIONS QUALITY IS GONE. NEVER BUY FROM THEM!!

28057 views 91 comments
Featured on Google+

I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new.I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends.

I am a Cosmetologist as well, and I have access to many different suppliers. I got the order placed ($450 wholesale) and once it was received I had the hair put in right away. Hair was horrible from the start. I could have purchased a wig from a Halloween store and it would have looked better.

It shedded so much, I would find piles of hair underneath me if I sat for too long. I called Hot Heads back and tell them the hair is ***. They tell me to ship it back so that they can do a diagnostic on the hair. If they find something wrong they will send me new hair (I would still have to pay for shipping) and if they don’t they will just send the same crappy hair back.

I told them if they plan on sending the bad hair back, then they can just keep it. I have no use for it. Everyone around asked me what happened to my hair. Even pointing out how ratted and tangled my hair was, even my 8 year old niece asked me why my hair didn’t look the same.

It was embarrassing to have it in my hair. I would spend hours every morning straightening it with my GHD flat iron and still could not get it to look good. So I take them out and ship it back at my expense. I ended up putting Babe extensions in, which is the brand I used before venturing out to try something new.

What a night a day difference. I should have just stayed with them all along. They were even half the cost as Hot Heads. A week later I get a voicemail from Hot Heads saying… “Good news, they found nothing wrong with the hair.

We brushed it out for you and are sending it back.” Ummm, how is that good news? And even though I tell them I don’t want it and to keep it, they continue to ship the same hair back to me. I don’t understand how Hot Heads and their employees can feel good about what they do to their consumers. And the end of the day, Hot Heads acted like it was my fault that they sent me bad hair.

My Cosmetologist friends ended up getting bad hair shipped to them with the same problems.

I guess in the last year they changed the way they weave the hair, and the quality is no longer like it use to be.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hotheads?

Submit review

Comments

San Leandro, California, United States #1222601
Hi my name is Paloma and I have same experience! Please can you tell me what kind a hair you use! I don't know much a but Extenciones can you help me! My number is 916)595-3152
La Mesa, California, United States #1186684
Hello, I am a hair dresser as well. I was going to get hot heads hair extensions myself. I did not! Thanks but babe and hot heads are from the same supplier I believe look at them closer. I'm not sure this is a personal option that I looked up. Do your research .
lionel
to Anonymous Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1237107
HOT HEADS AND BABE ARE FROM DIFFERENT SUPPLIER. BABE IS BELIEVED TO BE THE BEST IN THIS INDUSTRY.
MARY
to Anonymous Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1237109
BABE HAIR QUALITY IS THE BEST AND IT CAN LAST SO LONG ! Amazing !
Please post your review on www.hairextensionmagazine.com. This is a site dedicated to separating the good bad and the ugly hair extension and to help hairdressers and clients who are looking for experienced based feedback.
I had the same issue with remy hair that I purchased through a supplier on ebay and etsy called Hair by Hamo. It was absolute ***. I love the Babe hair, but it's hard to come by if you're not a stylist. I do my own hair (easy).
to Anonymous Lexington, Kentucky, United States #1190010
How do you do your own hair? Will they sell the extensions to s none salon?
to Anonymous Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1207360
Hair by Hami has amazing reviews yet was the WORST hair I've ever had-looks like doll hair and she then sent me nacho colored hair that was nothing like her pics of what I ordered because of "how I described my hair"...I wanted what I ordered, not what she assumed may work. It was terrible. She kept trying to make me "happy" but I've never had such bad hair...I've worn extensions for years and the hair by Hamo was not real hair. It wouldn't hold dye and my hairdresser said it is at least spatially synthetic.
This review is exactly what happened with me from start to finish! It's almost as though I wrote the review myself. Heed this reviewer's warning as well as mine and many others and stay away from this product. Use the Babe extensions instead, I've had excellent luck with them. You would think with the extensive number of complaints they have received they would either pull their product from the shelves, stop selling them, or refund customers their money. But no, instead they argue with you and refuse to take responsibility.
to Anonymous Roanoke, Virginia, United States #1212209
I had same exact experience beginning to end!