Hot Topic - Sent merchandise that I did not order and charged me for it.

80 of 138 Hot Topic reviews

I ordered a magenta and white dress as shown in my confirmation email and packing slip.I didn't get a magenta and white dress.

Instead they sent a black and white dress. At first I thought it was an honest mistake and I would send the dress back and get the magenta one. First call to customer service was 15 minutes of "I didn't order a black and white dress" "Yes, you did" "No, I didn't" etc. When he said, "It shows that no one went in and changed your order" I got suspicious.

I double checked my email and packing slip, both said magenta and white dress. When I checked my hottopic.com account, it showed that I ordered a black and white dress. Legally, if a company sends me a dress that I didn't order, I'm not obligated to pay. Which is exactly why someone at hottopic.com changed my order - to force me to pay for something that I did not order.

It's sneaky and fraudulent!They refuse to issue a refund and I refuse to return the dress that I did not order until they investigate this fraudelent activity!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Dress
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #641154

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hot Topic? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
80 of 138 Hot Topic reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hot Topic.
Filing a new complaint about
×