Hot Rock Paving - Don't get Tar & Chip
Update added by user Jul 29, 2016
The William Hodgson team at Hot Rock Paving has restored my faith in Tar and Chip (I wish I could change the title of this review).
Hot Rock Paving was true to their word and more than fully honored the warranty even going above and beyond the call of duty.To me a company is only as good as their word and William Hodgson more than honored the warranty by providing upgraded product as no expense to ensure the job was done right.
There is a stigma attached to paving companies as there is with vacuum sales (which is our business).
I was doubtful to what degree they would honor the warranty, but they did and more! They didn't just come and fill pot holes and resurface with the same product as before, they clearly provided upgraded materials at their expense and were thorough in their attention to detail.
Hot Rock Paving was as baffled as I was when they saw the result after one season. They special ordered a much heavier aggregate than what I originally purchased and they filled the potholes with an even heavier aggregate and tar asphalt before applying the top coat instead of the recycled asphalt we originated opted for because it was less expensive.
Regarding the emulsion, it was very evident that their new emulsion is much thicker and sticky and unlike the first time, the stones are cemented firmly in place.
I don't have doubt that this will hold up.
Thank you Hot Rock Paving and the William Hodgson family for going above and beyond.No company likes the expense of warranty, the fact that Hot Rock paving was so thorough speaks to the generations of Hodgson's who've been doing this and still have the same commitment to quality and customer service.
Update added by user Nov 19, 2015
We have been in contact with Hot Rock Paving and said they will completely 'redo' the job next Spring under warranty as it is too late into the year the season.
Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2015
We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive.
The product did not hold up and within a couple month there were areas where the stone washed away and looked like it hadn't even have liquid asphalt applied.
I would not recommend having Tar & Chip applied by this company. They said they had a warranty but when it came time to honor their warranty they did not fix the problem. Or perhaps they visited after hours and saw just how terrible it was and figured it was too costly for them to fix their work.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hot Rock Paving Tar And Chip Paving
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "I got my wedding dress from JJ's and I had not one problem. I even waited way too long to order it. They promised I'd have my dress with custom..."
- "charm seperated 2 days after I got it they will not exchange. Went to the bramalea city center to exchange need to speak to manager whos coming in in 2..."
- "Although we have been happy so far with our Legend Bayshore pontoon boat as it is going into its fourth summer, I cannot say the same about the full enclosure..."
- "I paid Home Depot $40,000 to redo the roof & skylights last summer & it has been a nightmare now for 8 months. Home Depot has not touched any of..."