Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
2.0

Updated by user Jan 31, 2024

The bottom line is that I lost. I paid for the replacement unit to the tune of $2700.

Original review updated by user Dec 21, 2021

This is a home service company located in SW FL that contracts with homeowners for service on appliances and, depending on the contract, air conditioners, plumbing and electric in the home. I pay close to $5,000/year for this contract.

My current home was built in 2014 and CO'd in early 2015. I have coverage on 5 units, including two Mitsubishi mini-splits. Two of my Mitsubishi units failed last year at different times and I called for service on both; in one case, the entire unit had to be replaced and in the other, I was told there is a leak and parts have been ordered. For both I have been waiting upwards of 6 months due to "supply chain issues".

Today the one unit was entirely replaced (under warranty) and today I was told the other unit is not covered and is no longer under warranty anyway.

When it failed over 6 months ago it WAS under warranty and now they are trying to tell me this is the first they have heard about it AND it is not covered. Beware - this company is happy to do your regular service but is now reneging on the replacement coverage.

User's recommendation: Make certain you document every call to the company for service and if you pay for replacement coverage, make sure you get the specifics in writing - for each and every appliance if necessary. GET DOCUMENTATION or find another company.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 28634 La Caille Drive, Naples, FL 34119

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Home Tech Reviews